2020 Raiders of the North Sea tournament sign up thread

His time bar is showing more time expired now as well.

I’ll be happy to provide the time stamps, if anyone desires.

@Zebracadabra what were the final positions?

Did HostileApostle have a last turn or did he finish last?

@SpiceTheCat, do you want to be included
In Rd 2?

@johnl Dunno. I’m not able to get inTo the game on another player’s turn. It appears that @SpiceTheCat was second Place but if he’s missing in action for this one, why would he show up for a second round?

The game expects players to finish their last turn, so this is probably a bug.

Ok. Let’s give him a day to check-in.

@irishdomer08 can you check with HostileApostle to see if he played his final turn or not?

I’ve asked everyone here a few posts back if they know him. I have no clue who he is.

He said he played it

I’ve contacted direwolf by email and copied JammaTal.

Here are the time stamps.

I hope @SpiceTheCat has a good excuse. This is not the way games are supposed to end, particularly in a tournament setting. If I hadn’t taken the screenshots, what then?

@johnl and everyone else -

So, what are we going to do? @SpiceTheCat already timed out on the last turn of the game. Are we waiting to see if he times out again or are we moving on?

If anyone is not okay with my explanation, I’ll be happy to go over it again.

If we accept the scores as is we still need to know what to do for the next round. If we don’t hear feom him then you will advance to the final table and HostileApostle will move onto the Silver table. The Bronze table will have 1p less.

I’ll give him until tomorrow morning. Hopefully his health is ok and life just got in the way.

Yes. I’ve Also mentioned that to JammaTal. However, I’ve heard he has abandoned other games as well. Btw, he’s getting close to timing out again. See attached, with time stamp. It’s your tournament but I would not wait beyond another timeout.

He hasn’t timed out yet? Now I’m confused. I think you’re going to have to walk me through the screenshots again and explain the timestamps. If the game is still active why are we trying to drop @SpiceTheCat? He has enough resources for one more raid if he hasn’t played his last turn, and it would be very hard for him to score less than the number of needed points.

He timed out on his FINAL turn. There is an apparent bug. I was notified the game was completed to view the final scores. When I opened the game, he somehow had another turn - the timer bar had just started. I showed all of this to you and offered proof with screenshots.

I’m attaching my email to Dire Wolf, which explains this again and their response.

This decision is yours, it’s your tournament but frankly, the other winners and runners up are being held up as well. I have no idea why you even would wait another minute to move on.

I hope Spice is okay but when you time out on your final turn, the game is over.

Zebra, I am waiting one extra minute because, you may have noticed, we are in the middle of a global pandemic. I am eager to continue with the tournament, but let us wait until Spice times out unless others object as well. If DireWolf game him a second chance, that is good enough for me. Again, hopefully all is well with Spice and those close to him.

He timed out and the timer bar came back, so he’s on his third go round.

Dire Wolf did not give him “a second chance.“ There is a BUG. The game was over. I received an end of game notification. The bug executed and looped back to another turn for Spice, which he didn’t deserve because he timed out to begin with. I had even alerted him on this thread that he was “in danger of timing out.” He timed out again, this time I did not receive an end of game notification, which has to do with the program probably only providing one game end notification and simply looping back to now, his THIRD turn, two of which are not deserved.

Seriously, John, what now?

What now? The game is still unfinished and open …

The game was completed. I received a notification on screen. How are you not convinced? I showed you visual evidence, even reporting the bug to Dire Wolf. How can I possibly be clearer? Please go back to view the photos and explanation I attached.

As for what to do next - easy. As I explained earlier and showed with my final turn pic, the final order was 1) zebra 2) spice 3) hostile. @SpiceTheCat has been Conspicuously absent. I alerted him to His danger of timing out 11 days ago in this forum.

One table was done 17 days ago. The other two were done 15 days ago. The winners and runners up do not deserve to sit on the sidelines until such day as @SpiceTheCat responds. Spice has made no effort to keep in touch. Whatever the reason, he has abandoned the game.

Yes, it sucks that his absence might be a personal problem, Covid-19 or who knows? It could be anything, including just not being interested anymore.

I have even gone into three groups I’m on in Slack to ask if anyone knows how to get in touch with him. No one has responded.

You have been patient for long enough. No one is going to take you to task for moving forward, Either:

1. disqualify @SpiceTheCat and award HostileApostle 2nd place or
  2. have the last runner up table play with only three players.

The danger here is that no one else is responding to this situation. I’m concerned that our game took so long, the others have already lost interest or just don’t care anymore.

It wouldn’t be the first time a tournament administrator had to make a decision like this. I’ve done so myself. If you can’t decide, I strongly urge you to just close the tournament down. Ostensibly, we’re only playing two games to decide a Winner. So far, it’s taken a full month to play just one game. That’s far too long.

We’re on month 18 of the 2019 decathlon. This group of players doesn’t seem too bothered by slow tournaments as most of the group is in that. There’s nothing urgent or particularly serious about any games played on this forum.

My vote is wait a bit longer. I’m up for a friendly match to pass the time if anyone is interested.

1 Like