1st Stately Play Brass Tournament

yup, i did it for a reason.
better to stay lowcase when the difference between low and highcase can’t be seen :smirk:

Statelyplay/money is set up

Sure was a close game, with sleeping giant storming out of the middle of the pack and into the lead. I think it was the money in your pocket at the end that gave enough bonus points for the win. Congratulations!

Yeah, you had a crushing lead at halftime, but then had to pass multiple actions, apparently because of lack of money? I guess it is fitting our next table is called money :). I’m worried about how @JammaTal scored that many points in game 1, how is that even possible?

Joined the fame game. Good luck everyone!

I stuffed up my end game when it came to the final loan turn. I should have taken loans so I had some money to play with. My income was too low for me to rely on income alone.

I suspect Jammatal got such a high score by having a strong canal phase. Any flipped level 2+ industries get to score double if you flip them in the canal phase

Just joined the Fame game

yes, that’s a key to victory.
always trying to score as many level 2+ plants and ports in both eras as possible.
SpiceTheCat is a true Brass Master. i had the pleasure to have played in some games with him, trying to learn as much as i could.
i miss him. got no reply to my PMs on another place.

table “money” is on rails.
going 4th is no easy task. but a nice challenge :smirk:

Table fame (what a silly name, but lets make it deserve his name) started. Good luck everyone, I guess my first 4 player brass game. I hope its not too different from a 3-player game :sweat_smile:

in fact it is a very different beast :smirk:

Sorry for the slow play, I had to take an on call week at zero notice. That combined with summers arrival has fried my brain. Critical thinking ability will resume again shortly

I had totally forgotten how much I suck at this game.

don’t give up! Holsten needed some games before he suddenly said “what a great game is this!”

2 Likes

Fame finished earlier:

geigerm 143
@HolstenKnight 137
@halfvoid / @whovian223 112/96 (I’m afraid I don’t remember which colors each of you played :confounded:)

Good game to all of you! I felt fortunate to pull off the win on the very last turn, building a level 4 cotton mill with my first action and flipping that mill (and my other level 4 mill) with my second.

2 Likes

Congratulation once again :sweat_smile:
That was a fun game! 4-player IS different, but fun :grin:

1 Like

Good game all!

@snotty128 - 172
@JammaTal - 143
@SleepingGiant - 107
@JHTaube - 102

Ive never played coal/iron so successfully, but my starting hand essentially dictated my direction. Im glad it worked so well.

Congrats, well played! I’m hooked on this game now, if anyone wants to play a non-tourney game, hit me up. Happy New Year!

I’ll play.

i can even recommend games with strangers.
a very special community.
i think out of 10 games 9 were finished.
only very few quitters.

and rest assured that the next Brass tourney will come.
a perfect tourney game.
no bugs, no problem to set up private games, and matches don’t last too long.

amazing that was! grats on an outstanding victory to Snotty!
and i think i can say: very well played game by all players.
Brass keeps surprising me. so many ways to victory.
an absolute top game. the app as well.

as player sequence is automatically randomized at start of the game,
i can set up the final table now:
StatelyPlay Final
password “goodluck”.

some serious metalworking to do. here we go!
this will be tough as hell and fun like in heaven :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like