1775: Rebellion. Shall we defy Hexwar and try multiplayer?

Blech. The patriots find themselves with nowhere to reinforce other than Georgia. Away we go to Dixie…

No contact to report this turn, just reinforcing and recruiting friendly freedom loving natives.

Operation The Mills Of The Monarchy Grind Slow But Fine continues. Successive militia and regular turns see western Massachusetts captured and the pocket of resistance in New York compressed further. Presumably the central colonies will see a battle at some point.

I find the state of the board completely disagreeable. Just FYI.

The continentals are faced with unhelpful movement cards, leaving an attack into southern Virginia and recruiting natives the only viable options. The battle in Virginia is two loyalists versus four continentals… and it’s the only time I’ve ever seen the loyalists roll one hit, let alone two at once. I finally won the battle, but it took some rolling.

The patriots were the recipients of two turns in a row. The first turn saw them sail a tiny warship (why is it so small sometimes?) into Maryland… and then sail into Maryland again, as the game would only allow me to sail to the same destination twice. Am I missing something on the card? I didn’t think so. Nonetheless. 6-1 odds were too much for the lone loyalist defender, and Maryland embraces freedom.

The second go was less successful, with an attack into southern Pennsylvania being repulsed by the regular defender and his lapdog loyalist buddy. The patriots did manage to recruit natives and secure Virginia… 8-5, and the south is firmly entrenched in freedom. Incidentally, I just noticed Florida on the map. Guess even back then no one cared about Florida…

With the mobility provided by the British truce card, armies roll down through New York and push out the last pockets of rebellious sentiment. Pennsylvania and New Jersey look to be caught in the jaws of rebels heading north and Loyalists heading south.

Your fishing boats did behave correctly. Admittedly that wrinkle is in the body of the rulebook rather than on the card. If you look at the hieroglyphics, they’re different to the double-warship-move card, but yeah, it’s hardly clear.

Edit: huh, Florida. I was convinced it was still Spanish and therefore of no interest, but according to Wikipedia it had been British since 1763 and after the Treaty of Paris reverted back to Spain. Presumably it was too minor to fight over at that point, or both sides really weren’t up for fighting in humid buggy swamps.

1 Like

Pennsylvania falls… no… leaps upwards into the embrace of freedom. Although I’m certain it’s a tentative hold considering the lines are defended by pockets of patriots…

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the front lines so close together in this game - we usually end up fighting over more than NJ and PA!

And it’s all over for the rebels, 9-6 with only New Jersey undecided. Good game! Also the most geographically coherent, with only Delaware an isolated outpost. Excellent. Another go around?

Edit: @whovian223 - up for a game against one or both of us as well? :blush:

Blech… how’d it end - did you play another truce card? Or did I not notice us being in round 8? I think I think I’m better at this game than I actually am lol.

Another one of course!

It was the second truce card- both came into hand this turn. Sudden death…

Two games created, one of each :blush:

Accepted one - forces of freedom again. Reinforcements placed, dissent fomented, Declaration signed.

Do you get notifications that it’s your turn?

I don’t think I could do the round-up as eloquently as you two have done. :slight_smile:

Just an email saying that you have a move… no banner notifications or app badges.

And haha, never know till you try! The aar is more than half the fun!

Ok, are we talking 3 players, or a game each against each of you? :slight_smile:

I don’t know that the game supports more than two? But I’m not certain - @SpiceTheCat is the expert in this one.

So, mainly in the south with a spoiler army in Maine, eh? British reinforcements are diffusely scattered across the map in reply.

@whovian223, yep, you’ve put your finger right on a couple of the issues there. 1v1 only, email notifications only. Nevertheless, I have one game open if you’d like to join it. And yes, the AAR makes it more fun, and/or provides therapy, e.g. when @js619 shakes his fists at the heavens as the Dice Gods fail him once more :wink:

I will think about it and join in tonight if I decide to.

Hopefully nobody takes it before then, but if they do, I’ll let you know if I’m open to one.

Thanks for the invite!

Ok, I’ve joined.

So just do the AAR in this thread?

And warning: I really suck at this game.

Edit: Post the set-up too, or just start with Turn 1?

Why! Why would you mention Them and invoke Their wrath!

The patriots reinforced into Connecticut, the only place they could. Luckily, enforcements were already placed in the south. Unluckily, @SpiceTheCat had burned his incense upon the Altar of Dice, leading to defeats in both Georgia and SC… :scream:

1 Like

@js619. Reinforcements of Regulars land in Halifax, and then courtesy of a passing warship are whisked off to a “recapture New Hampshire” party. The militia then generally reinforce, recruit Indians and put a garrison in northern Maine, because someone has to do the admin.

Your reinforcing Maine at the start was a good move. That army is a major distractior. Same as when I was playing as the rebels against a random and they dumped a load of Regulars in SC. Very well. I shall … do something different.

Excellent steeples fingers

Yes, let’s do the AAR in this thread. In the AAR, @js619 and i generally put battles, successful or otherwise, interesting cards played, possibly vague hints of other movements, and anything else interesting/amusing/egregious dice rolls that happened. There is a short-term move log in the game which tells you the nitty-gritty if you need it.

@whovian223

Well, the rebellion gets off to a shaky start. The plan, basically was to put all the reinforcements into Massachusetts and Rhode Island and free Boston. The plan almost worked, right up to the point 3 militia rolled flee and left the battlefield. One British regular survives as garrison. To make up for this disappointment, northern New Hampshire fell easily, the yellow patriot militia running away.

Over to you :blush: