1775: Rebellion. Shall we defy Hexwar and try multiplayer?

The patriots are also hungry for battle, it seems. They receive two reinforcements in… Norfolk? Maybe? And march off to battle in the Carolinas and Virginia. Virginia is easily secured but North Carolina proves more resilient, leaving an ugly swatch of yellow between the south and the Deep South.

Apologies for the delay!

Convention last weekend and now sick. sigh

Will try and do a turn tonight or tomorrow.

Truce card comes out for the British as well…This could be a short war.

A little repositioning for the coming battles and an attack into New Jersey to see if anything shakes out with that.

Patriot flees and the Continental unit is destroyed with no losses.

Loyalists flow into Maine to see what they can shake out. Maine is conquered with no loss of life and one fled unit.

@js619, @whovian223 - sorry for,the delay, both.

@js619: the Hessians arrive, take ship for South Carolina, and sweep aside the one defender. Then they stand around looking menacing. Nice colony you got here, be a shame if something happened to it, know what I mean?

@whovian223: ok, this is embarrassing but I can’t remember what I did. A move of tactical and strategic genius, obviously, but, uh. I did attack Quebec, and possibly did something aggravating in New England. Hm.

LOL no worries.

I’ll figure it out when I log in and see the devastation.

1 Like

I foolishly allow General Ardbeg to take command… he deploys all four continental reinforcements into Georgia and attacks the rather large combined force in South Carolina with 6 versus 9 odds. He overrules Sergeant Somesense, arguing that it would be foolish to allow such a large force to sit unchecked in the South, and worst case scenario, we whittle it down a bit. General Ardbeg reinforces himself and into the breech we go!

The battle goes as anyone who’s read this thread before would fully expect, leaving 6 some odd defenders and no attackers.

Never fear, ol’ Ardbeg and I are still best of friends. I’d trust that peaty bastard to lead the charge again any day…

And no worries on the delay, the moves come as they come. Just keep working on that RS5 scanner :wink:

Ah yes, I know the good General of old. A fine companion, but possibly not one to whom I’d delegate command authority. :wink:

Operation Awkward continues in the south, taking out a lone militiaman in South Carolina and CD’ing a unit of redcoats into Georgia (in passing, don’t think I’ve seen a red cube that far south). In the north-ish, a mixed force of regulars and militia invades Massachusetts. It succeeds but is now an unmixed garrison of regulars. It’s a hard life, being a yellow cube.

1 Like

Sorry, forgot I had a turn pending. The irregulars reinforce into Virginia and attack in two spots in North Carolina, hoping to return the balance of power to a… tolerable state. The first battle in the west goes as well as can be expected for these idiots, but a command decision allows the defender to flee further to the west, preventing control of the state. The attack in the east results in the best rolls I’ve seen for either side, with the yellow cubes rolling two hits and the white two as well. Thankfully I attacked with four on two, resulting in a win.

Nothing spectacular to report. The loyalist reinforcements went mainly in NH, from where some moved to help garrison the Massachusetts outpost and others to provide a blocking force. No battles at all, although the southern operation seems quite capable without any command input at all. My kind of underlings.

The Loyalists reinforce the Northeast and move to remove the American excursion into Quebec.

Loyalists eliminate two native units after a bloodless defensive fire. Unfortunately, the 2nd round is quite bad, taking three hits. On return fire the lone remaining Loyalist unit flees. One regular moves to Maine, leaving one more unit to die at the hands of the natives (though one native unit flees).

Wow, that was…a bad turn.

The 8 militia reinforcements are sent to Boston. 3, together with a continental brigade are sent to Maine, whereupon 2 run away again. The defenders either flee or CD away, meaning no-one actually inflicted casualties. A couple more are sent to southern New Hampshire, and the PA Indian Brigade step across the border to recruit a couple more. Stiffening the sinews of war, as it were.

An uneventful turn for the patriots, who chased cubes around the south yet again. A CD prevented control of North Carolina, but a fleeing yellow returned Georgia to its rightful owner.

Militia followed by Regulars. The militia attacked a rebel holdout in Pennsylvania and the mixed Continental-Militia-Indian force in New York. The loyalist militia ran away, as did all the Indians, and the Regulars were left holding the line. Quite literally, as a red blocking line runs from NH down to NJ, as a prophylactic barrier against infectious subversive thought in New England. The Regulars then blocked off the western border of Pennsylvania and entered Virginia, linking up, however tenuously, with the advanced units of Operation Enduring Aggravtion. No sign of any truce yet.

British regulars move into lightly defended areas of Maryland and Pennsylvania, since there were no good reinforcement areas to the north.

Pennsylvania is taken with no casualties, except the two cowardly Loyalist units running away.

Maryland results in the loss of a Loyalist unit but. Now the Americans in Annapolis must be dealt with.

Soon.

After much havering, faffing, mithering and indecision, it turns out to be straightforward enough. All the reinforcements land in Boston and head north, some to free New Hampshire and some to reinforce Quebec. New Hampshire is freed, but only just; every single roll by both sides was a hit, with one leftover blue cube to carry the field.

Apologies, @SpiceTheCat. Didn’t realize I had a turn waiting.

The continental reinforce into Georgia and Connecticut, and using an ideal movement card (for once), attack the lone defender in North Carolina successfully. With the assistance of some vacationing French, one of the most successful attacks I’ve ever seen is conducted into Massachusetts, freeing that colony as well from the grasp of tyranny.

British troops finding it hard to reinforce Quebec, but concentrating in Maryland instead and a little bit of redistribution in Quebec to safeguard territory.

The Annapolis attack kicks off with two militia hits.British retaliation wins the day, though.

Maryland is in British hands!

Bumping for @SpiceTheCat

Argh, sorry both.

@whovian: appallingly balanced map. The Continentals dump lots of reinforcements into South Carolina and free Georgia. In northern Pennsylvania, a bunch of Indians and their rebel handler are chased away.

@js619: the southern expedition is left to their own devices again. Massachusetts is attacked, again, and the thin red line around New England tightened further.

Militia turn results in just a little repositioning and an attack into Virginia.

Six dice and only one hit. Thankfully, there was only one American unit there, so victory was assured.

Next turn, British regulars start. Hessians arrive in New York!

And then a bunch of them head to the lone American holdouts in Virginia. Brutal opening volley results in two American hits. Then the last Hessian on the expedition flees. One American flees and the other dies under British fire.

British lost 4 units to the American 2. Not good odds.

But Virginia is now British again.