1775: Rebellion. Shall we defy Hexwar and try multiplayer?

That’s an unpleasantly large orange blob. Once I get a look at my cards, I’ll show you … uh… may not.

So, the die is cast. Freedom or tyranny now lies directly before us. Or, to put it another way, alarmed by the big big gathering of forces in the central colonies, I’ve made a possibly premature bid for victory.

In the militia turn, using 3-move card, the 5 Continentals are brought up from Georgia. In the Continental turn, Maryland is disrupted and Maine is attacked. Annoyingly, Maine holds out after a surprisingly astute CD from the AI.

So 6-3 in my favour. I think you can pull it back if you have the loyalist truce card…

Loyalists do play the Truce card, though sadly reinforcements can’t be put anywhere, but the British General forgets to actually try to disrupt American control of a colony, so sadly it will all be moot.

Still the attempt to liberate Quebec and Maryland begins.

Battle in Quebec is bloody with troops fleeing everywhere, but the British prevail.

Maryland is freed as well.

But, sadly, the game ends with a 6-5 American victory.

Great game! Unfortunately, if I had tried to disrupt New Hampshire, I don’t think I would have won in Quebec, so it wouldn’t have mattered anyway.

Feel free to start another one!

1 Like

Excellent game, genininely tight finish :+1:

Created another couple of games; fire away.

Joined!

Placed reinforcements: scattered the militia, dumped the regulars in NH…

Also placed. Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts

And battle begins. Not very dramatically, to be honest. New Jersey is claimed for the Crown, and Indians are recruited in New York.

The French arrive in Rhode Island! They help support an attack that frees Massachusetts.

Otherwise, just some Native recruiting.

On the Patriot turn, extra forces end up in the South but Boston is reinforced for a move into New Hampshire. Dreadful British rolls end up with no hits on the first volley and one flee result. Unfortunately, the Americans roll four flee results and no hits, resulting in a full retreat from the battle (except two French units who die)

Utter catastrophe

Is this game worth getting now , are the multiplayer issues fixed yet

“1775: Rebellion” Price Drop ($9.99 -> $4.99)

Ian

No, the multiplayer is as bobbins as it ever was and shows no signs of being fixed.

1812 is exactly the same, but uglier.

If you do buy it, I’d be up for some games, but I can’t really recommend giving Hexwar any money at all. Alas.

1 Like