1775: Rebellion. Shall we defy Hexwar and try multiplayer?

Bleh… the crown allows the colonies their freedom… GG indeed, and no apologies necessary at all.

1 Like

A turn of Pyrrhic victories. Aided by the arrival of the Hessians and a small fleet of warships, the British descend on the under defended towns of Rhode Island and Boston. The RI battle was resolved first, in the basis that it would be an easy win and reinforcements could be CD’d into Boston. After the last defender in RI wiped out the last three attackers, there was much swearing. Boston was a win, but expensive. So many blank die rolls.

The Militia, aided by their own Hessians and a small fleet of fishing boats, attack RI. The lone defender sigh takes out half of the attacking force before succumbing.

Argh. So, I attacked into RI and Boston with 18 units, and there are what, 6 survivors? Bad, rebellious pro-colonial dice.

Sorry for the delay. Want to give my turn(s) the attention deserved. Will get to it in the next day or two

No worries. It’s a distinctly thinky game, plus AAR time :blush:

Patriots get a welcome influx of new men in the northeast, but limited movement options mean that only a seaborne invasion in the British rear into Maine is available.

Thankfully, Betsy Ross is around, meaning that one of the British Loyalists flees and becomes a Patriot. Then they promptly flee along with some others, but the last remaining Patriot unit falls.

The loyalist militia are not sure what to do with the rebels in Maine, and therefore decide to ignore them. Instead, the contingent in Georgia attacks into South Carolina and, flush with success, breaks into North Carolina. Less successful is an attempted battle in New York, in which all the Indians run away and a Continental army slips past in a really very unhelpful direction.

Things are not looking good for the Rebels

Attempting to reclaim South Carolina and North Carolina to even the odds a little bit.

South Carolina is free again, though a harsh toll was taken. North Carolina remains divided as one lone British unit leaves the battle and enters an empty area to the east still in North Carolina.

That was bad.

The rebel control of Connecticut is broken with the help of 8 Indian reinforcements and the decision of General B. Arnold to return to the side of monarchy. Hoorah! The defenders inflict one casualty before being driven from the field. Elsewhere in New York, the lone Continental is gently ushered away from the boundaries of Quebec.

I haven’t forgotten my turn is up. Especially since the Rebel situation is so precarious, I want to make sure I devote some time to it. :slight_smile:

You could probably just have me saying that every time. LOL

1 Like

Reinforcements can only arrive in the South, which is unfortunate.

A full-forced attempt to remove British influence anywhere in the South is started.

First, Georgia is won with no Patriot losses at all.

Then North Carolina falls with only one Patriot unit falling.

Celebrations all throughout the South, but the soldiers up North fear what may be coming next…

Alas for the south, the British show up with a boatload of Hessians, who storm ashore in South Carolina. Then the loyalist militia complete the job, leading a contingent across the border into Georgia while a token raiding party sneaks from Virginia into North Carolina. The rebel redoubt is disputed along the seaboard.

Ok, that is going to seem a bit brutal when you see the map.

No worrries re turn time. I have a bunch of games I’ve logged into for a quick turn - aha - and gone nope, needs thought, straight back out again. Amazing how much AP a move-two-armies-one-space card can generate :wink:

1 Like

Now I’m scared…

The Rebels are very miffed right about now. Especially since I have no place to put reinforcements.

A major attack into Connecticut is required just to get a staging ground for more troops if they ever arrive.

Thankfully, there are some defenders fleeing but a brutal 3-hit start to the battle is not a good sign.

Thankfully, while one Militia flees, four hits wittle the defenders down.

2nd volley only results in one hit, thankfully, but since General Washington forgot to leave a troop in western Connecticut, other Brits strategically move there.

Another Patriot flees but three more shots take out the rest of the defenders.

Thankfully, the Patriots get a turn next but still have no place to land.

A move into North Carolina removes the one Loyalist there without a shot! The cowards fled instead.

In Connecticut, the Patriots try to rectify General Washington’s mistake…

And do so with only one loss.

What a wasted turn. General Washington is extremely embarrassed.

Oh goodness, 5 days. Sorry about that. Blame Hades’ Star.

Anyhow, a simple one; all the militia reinforcements deploy in Quebec and stroll down to liberate Maine. This they do, after a certain amount of running away.

In other news, why do you never get a blasted truce card when you need one?

1 Like

Because the game wants to lengthen my misery? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

At least I have somewhere to put my reinforcements now…

Continental Army welcomes all of the brave cough men who fled a previous battle back into Connecticut.

Attacks to liberate South Carolina and Massachusetts this turn, surrounding Rhode Island in the process. Boston is taken with no losses (though the lone Patriot unit fled).

South Carolina was bloodier, though the Continentals were still victorious.

The Patriots then took their turn. General Washington decides that Rhode Island must actually be taken, as well as the final liberation of Georgia.

In Georgia, three rounds of combat are bloodless on the American side, though inexplicably three units (all of the Continental Army and one Patriot) flee the battlefield.

Rhode Island is a lot bloodier, though the Americans are still victorious. Losses are heavy, though.

(British kept rolling Command Decisions in Georgia. Not one hit, not one flee)

*doffs hat. From no colonies to a 6-5 lead in the space of two turns is an impressive turn around. And we have only this turn and the next. Very Valley Forge of you. :grimacing:

The ever so slightly demoralised forces of the Crown, wondering where their dominance of the battlefield went, scrape together all their resources and attack the 9-unit army in New Hampshire. The battle is as bloody as might be expected, and the hope of a follow-up attack into Massaschusetts is dashed. The tide has turned.

1 Like

Things are looking much better, I agree.

The Continental Army launches a couple of small attacks to take control of Virginia and Pennsylvania, along with some defensive maneuvering in the Northeast.

Virginia is taken with one loss (though I’m not sure why I wasn’t given control of it…do I have to actively occupy every space in it? I guess so?)

Victory in Philadelphia, but a Command Decision move sends a British regular troop westward so Pennsylvania is not free.

Yet.

You need to round up the last Indian and it’ll be yours.

As to the rest of it, damn, needs thought…

Duly thought. The regulars intervene in Massachusetts, without loss. Maryland is also freed, however temporarily… 7-5; can the rebel militia win, or will this war go on to the bitterest end?

1 Like

With the war’s end imminent, the Patriots see if they can pull out the slim victory.

Massed reinforcements in Connecticut to remove the British from Massachusetts. A foray to recruit the lone native preventing control of Virginia, and a small incursion into the tip of Maryland to deny total control to the British.

The battle in Massachusetts starts out very poorly, with three fleeing units and no hits. Final victory is ours with three of the attacking nine units still around.

And apparently there must be a British loyalist somewhere in Virginia denying control of the state, as the game ends in a 6-6 draw!

1 Like