Yellow & Yangtze

accepted.

I have a strategy question. It may just be try at I don’t understand the rules, but what necessitates the need to start a revolt or war? Tiles don’t provide an ongoing income unless they are pagodas, correct? So the game really revolves around controlling those? If, for example, I need to score in blue and my rival has a state with 6 blues lines up, that really means nothing for me, correct? He’s not scoring them and I wouldn’t get a benefit from taking over unless I converted them to pagodas in the future?

@JammaTal and @robthomasson our game has started. Jamma up

@Mirefox you get a point for each color your leader wins in a revolt or war, so that is one reason to do it. You also gain control of all those tiles, which don’t give you points but gives you the ability to create a pagoda with them (usually). In the old game (T&E) you’d get 6 points in your example for winning a war with those blue tiles, only 1 in Y&Y. So certainly less of an emphasis on winnings via conflict.

I think the other reason you’d do it is now you can play that color tile and get 1 point for it in the future. Whereas maybe before your blue leader wasn’t in a spot where you could add on blue tiles to that group and get points.

I’ve only played 1 game against the AI so I am not an authority on strategy by any means.

Anyone interested in a match?

yup. i’m game.
one more?
@Mirefox?
@robthomasson?

Sure, I am ready for some more Y&Y strategic chaos …

hello @JMH.75, couldn’t send a personal invite because you’re not on my Y&Y friendslist and i need your ID code to add you.

so i created a password protected 3P game. pw: woz?

Accepted. Username (friendcode?) in this game is JMH75+1274

1 Like

Just bought the game. Anyone up for a match?

Sure. I see you in my friends list so just invite when ready …

1 Like

I guess I’m up for one too

1 Like

@robthomasson, @whovian223 Game created. So far I haven’t beaten the AI, so we‘ll see how I fare vs you guys :wink:

I haven’t either :rofl:

i’m always ready for more Y&Y action.
this game is still a mystery for me.
feeling quite comfortable in E&T but Y&Y is so very different.

pagodas come and go easily (can be stolen and destroyed) and in wars all leaders of a faction can be kicked from the board by only one red tiles combat count.

Well, Direwolf‘s async has massively improved since RotNS. The only annoyance so far in Y&Y is that it gives me the cheery „It‘s your turn!“ popup despite it not being my turn. Other than that, hooray for Direwolf being quick learners.

for me it only keeps happening when the game wants to give me the chance to take a look on results of revolts (and maybe of wars too. not so sure itm) when it’s not my regular turn.
a bit confusing but helpful. they should just adapt the text for such notifications.

I’ve got one 2- player game that seems to be telling both of us that it is the other’s turn. Other than that, my games have been great.

Ok, maybe not everything‘s great- how do you look at the board when it’s not your turn and you haven’t had the pop-up? I’ve got two live games and don’t appear to be able to view either.

just the same like in the other Direwolf game, Raiders of the North Sea.
you can only go into the games when it’s your turn.
it’s Direwolf’s design policy.

so it’s very special when Y&Y gives you access to the game just to take a look at a revolt’s result in which you were involved.
not your turn, and you can’t do anything else.

@JammaTal - sent you a friend invitation. 2P or 3/4P with bots? :robot: