What are you playing?

Currently playing lots of Meteorfall, I’ve beaten it with everyone except Bruno and Rose.

Uciana: a great turn based space 4x for mobile.

Hearthstone: dungeon run sucked me back in.

Antihero: I see this being a potential future stately tournament

Six match: a phenomenal strategic match three puzzler from the Dev of Rust Bucket and Ending.

1 Like

couldn’t find Uciana in the appstore :hushed:

Antihero: i already wondered why there is so much silence about Antihero on SP.

Ah, it’s possible it’s android only, but here’s the link to it.

:weary: :sob:

i’m a sucker for 4X space empire action.
the trailer looks great. with tactical turn based hexfeld battles.
but indeed only for Android (just now?).

btw what about Starbase Orion 2 ? is it vaporware?

1 Like

An excellent question. I assume it is vaproware at this point.

oh, that hurts a lot.
the designer was always outstandingly active with introducing new content for Starbase Orion.

that’s why i was very confident for Starbase Orion 2. but so much time has passed now.

I seem to remember Naval Tactics (also by the guy behind Starbase Orion) promised future updates, but that app was seemingly abandoned and lost to ios11. Maybe someone has more insight than me, but they seem to be a dead developer.

Maybe @Goose would know—I seem to remember him being an active Naval Tactics player …

Chimera Software isn’t dead, he’s trying to remake Starbse Orion in Unity to release it in more places. The Kickstarter failed completely which didn’t help.

Naval Tactics never took off - the Tactics part of that was super obtuse, and never really latched in with a lot of players (my lay group especially - the formation bonuses weren’t really explained, the card system felt tacked in).

There was also a card game (Annex) that also failed.

It doesn’t look like he’s dead, just in hibernation.

1 Like

I remember Starbase Annex. I was super excited about it, and it turned out to be War played on a hex grid. I think I uninstalled it immediately, and it was released back in the days before the refund window.

1 Like

Same really. Starbase Orion was good but got boring fast for me and I never got back into it.

All right, thanks to all of you, I can now say that I am playing the hell out of Dreamquest.

7 Likes

See you in a few months.

I almost wish I could delete my profile and play it all again for the first time. But then I would lose my precious high scores. Also, I do have like 9 unplayed game’s on my phone, can’t keep on with the same ones forever. Even if nothing else is quite as good.

2 Likes

@Hustlertwo, are you talking about Dream Quest? You can play it all again for the first time. You can create a new profile and start from scratch without deleting anything.

4 Likes

With Dream Quest, I purposely didn’t sync my phone and iPad so I could start over on the phone. But I didn’t realize I could create a new profile on the iPad, so I’ll probably just do that–the game works well on the phone, but some of those buttons are kinda tiny.

2 Likes

Everything I love about Hitman in one handy video. Exploding golf balls, guns, unlikely plans, Gary Busey…

I’ve fallen back into this one in a big way. Amazing game. So rewarding to put together an unlikely, complex plan and pull it off.

Hmm. Looks like Battle for Polytopia while I wait (in hope, because Aspyr isn’t crazy enough to promise anything) for a Civ6 fall patch on iOS. Likely some more stuff on iOS (still dealing with my SW:GoH addiction) and Pokken on the Switch.

I’m also testing a few things for my own personal projects - I have a couple of ideas (and a challenge grumble ) to get done this year, so I need to decide on a tech stack soonish and get to coding, arting and musicing.

Ok, after watching a bunch of peeps playing Slay the Spire on twitch, I finally picked it up.

It’s just taken about a day to beat the game with each of the 2 early access characters. It’s a fairly good take on the DreamQuest genre and I think I like it better than Monster Slayers.

How polished is it at this point? I know I’d like the game, but I generally can’t stand playing Early Access games knowing they’re going to change significantly before the final release.

1 Like

Just picked up Cultist Simulator. For a very bare-bones game, in presentation, it works wonders on the imagination.

1 Like