What are you playing?

I also still play a massive amount of Star Realms, although I never stopped. Are you in the BGG league?

Anyone playing Fantasy General 2? Now that I have GeForce Now, I could play it. I loved the original, is it similar enough? Itā€™s funny, I really dislike historical games like Panzer General, but reskin the game in a fictional setting like fantasy or SF and I am all about that usually.

Doing a puzzle roguelike called Starbeards of late, pretty fun. Also Sir Questionairre, and the jury is still out on that one.

1 Like

Loving Mutant Year Zero. Real-time sneaking to pick off stragglers, and turn-based battles when it all goes wrong or you have taken out all the sentries, or you just fancy a shootout. I still wish tactics games allowed you to shoot and then move, as itā€™s the only combination of actions forbidden, but the reliance on cover and overwatch is standard. Here itā€™s not so bad as many enemies are very mobile, but things like the range/level size discrepancy still annoys me. Fantastic game but very niche.

1 Like

Phoenix Point allows this.

I bought it and its just-released expansion on Day 1, and enjoy it. The base gameā€™s campaign is scripted while the expansionā€™s is not. Players wanted less script and more randomness from the base campaign, so the devs listened and gave it to them in the first expansion. I havenā€™t tried that campaign, yet, so I donā€™t know how much randomness is in it.

Iā€™m not, but I really should join. Logging in to BGG for the first time in a while I see that I did try to join ā€¦ in 2015. :flushed:

Picked up Divinity Original Sin and Mutant Year Zero, couldnā€™t decide which one to start with so fired up Season 20 of Diablo 3 with a Witch Doctor.

And this is how backlogs get larger.

6 Likes

Haha, tried playing MK11 multiplayer on the Switch the other day and had server issues, so fired up Season 20 too - havenā€™t played since 17 or 18? Rolled a crusader since I like the play style and hadnā€™t read anything on the seasonal rewardsā€¦

2 Likes

Hugely in to Path of Exile when I have the internet.

Otherwise tossing up between;

1. Pillars of Eternity
  2. Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Thoughts?

Oh, manā€¦you guys are killing me. I try to get my win-a-day in League of Legends and there are other games I want to play, but Final Fantasy XIV has sucked me back in,

Iā€™d like to run the Diablo season. Iā€™d like to play Divinity. Iā€™d like to play fighters like DBFZ, but I donā€™t have the time, especially with an MMORPG taking up my time.

1 Like

Back into Dead State after taking years off. Itā€™s an unrewarding grind of surviving in zombie apocalypse Texas, pulling together a ragtag band of survivors, scavenging for resources, building up your base, and fighting zombies and other humans alike. I love it.

Whether itā€™s fighting off zombie hordes

Surviving looter ambushes as they hypocritically attack you for looting the house theyā€™re looting

Recruiting absolute arseholes

Or the best puppers

I love its slight shonkiness and apparent age because aspects of the game, the unholy trinity of management, logistics, and turn-based tactical battles, are great.

2 Likes

Has anyone played any of the Professor Layton games? Iā€™m just curious if the puzzles are a good mental workout for an adult of if they are aimed more towards kids.

I got sucked into this D3 season and forgot how much I liked it. Up to lvl 42 crusader rn, always looking for a partner

1 Like

Iā€™ve played most of them over the years, and itā€™s a mix. If I had to put a percentage on it, Iā€™d say itā€™s about one-third puzzles that kids of maybe 8+ could do, 1/3 puzzles that only midteens-adults could do, and 1/3 that are somewhere in the middle, depending upon how a personā€™s brain works (I suck at math, but Iā€™m good at logic, for example). If you were doing a game with your kid(s), I think it would be fine. If your kids are 12 or 13+, then theyā€™d be good with it on their own, as there is a hint system.

I think theyā€™re meant to be geared towards adults, and numerous puzzles certainly gave me a hard time over the years. The games have a light tone, mystery plots, and well-crafted puzzles. Theyā€™re good gamesā€“and if you play them in order, there is a little of an over-arcing plot. Unfortunately, the only one thatā€™s been ported to Switch is by far the weakest one and not worth the money. The rest are all very good, a couple are quite great.

1 Like

I actually want to play the two on iOS (Curious Village and Diabolical Box). At $10 a shot, though, I want to make sure there is at least some challenge to be had.

Curious Village is the best one, IMO. Diabolical Box is certainly good, but I enjoyed Village more. Unwound Future is the other one I hold pretty high.

I had forgotten they were on ios, actually. At $10, theyā€™re worth itā€“no question. And Village is the first one, so thereā€™s no reason not to start there. Unless you are a total savant, youā€™ll get your moneyā€™s worth of challenge : )

1 Like

Diablo 3 is such an utter waste of quality gaming time. Thereā€™s no point, no end, just mindless running bounties and rifts forever in the hopes of getting something both ancient and useful while adding One. Single. Point. at a time while wondering just how long it will take to get to Paragon level 800.

I love it all over again. I really want to start Mutant Year Zero but canā€™t stop D3ing since I discovered the joys of firebats. Good thing the world has stopped for the time being and Iā€™m not feeling any guilt over murdering any productivity with this.

5 Likes

WD in general is all sorts of fun. At first, I was mad that Blizzard replaced the necromancer with some voodoo minion master, but when I topped trying to treat him as a necro and started using him as a mage with crazy spells, he became a lot of fun, and something a bit different from the more generic roles.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never done more than just tinker with the Witch Doctor, the twitching just kind of grated on me. Do you two just get past the twitching, or do you change genders to avoid it? :thinking: