What are you playing?

I don’t know, I think you should try it again. My impression of the tutorials was not that you will afterward get the game at a “strategic level” but quite the opposite. Strategic (or really, I guess, operational) thinking will only come from repeated play. The tutorials dig way (too far, in some cases) into the nuts and bolts of things. It’s good to be introduced to the concepts, but you definitely don’t need to know everything they teach to get started. Planes go up, ships go down, you can’t explain that.

Oh man. CBG is treating you guys the same way? And I thought it was just me not being able to cope with something seemingly a touch more ‘cerebral’. I shall now go back and stick with it. Thanks for letting me share :slight_smile:

I’m a big fan of Steamworld Heist; it’s one of the few games I’ve forked out for on both iOS and Steam, and certainly one of the very very few I’ve played through to completion on both platforms (all three, I think, since I’ve played it on both phone and iPad). Definitely recommended.

I also highly recommend Steamworld Heist … attractive and great characterful tactical turn based shooting fun.

Oh good, it’s not just me. I’ve played through most of the tutorials and completely failed to internalise it. I’ll go with @Kolbex’s suggestion to just play and see what happens.