Vinyl Thoughts - Music and such

Not usually a Killers fan but they do have some right tunes.

“And such”.

Nice.

1 Like

I am actually a big fan of The Killers. The new album is fine, not my favorite, but I have listened to it through a few times. One of the things I found interesting is that it kind of reminded me of Beck a little. Coincidentally, Beck’s new album kind of reminds me of The Killers.

Everyone should be happy that I didn’t go the Vinyl Solution route.

I liked The Killer’s earlier stuff, but not a huge fan of that particular song. Have yet to hear their new album in its entirety. Fully enjoying the new Brian Fallon (formerly of The Gaslight Anthem) single -

I completely embrace everything he’s done, from The Gaslight Anthem to The Horrible Crowes to his single career. Also two of my favorites of his -

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

1 Like

A couple of Swedish bands that are worth checking out. I was introduced to both when they came on tour with Maiden and they’ve stuck with me since.

Sabaton is a power metal band that deals almost exclusively with war themes. Their 2008 album Art of War is masterpiece that takes Sun Tzu’s book and picks a period in history that exemplifies each chapter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2hpVBH8JOM

Ghost might seem way over the top at first glance, but they sell their performance to such an extreme that it works (at least for me). All of their videos emulate classic horror films. This song won the 2016 Grammy for Best Metal Performance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Ao4t_fe0I

2 Likes

Really digging this one -

You gotta check out Weedpecker. Silly name, amazing heavy stoner/psych rock. I just love these guys.

Also please check out Redneck Spaceship. Early 90s rock pressed through the Russia filter that brought us things like Vangers and Energiya Buran.

New Carpenter Brut.

The first track on this album reeeeaaaallly does it for me. The rest are good, too, particularly the last track, so hang in there if it’s not 100% grabbing you, but man. That first track, wow.

1 Like

I feel like this isn’t the place I should post my favorite bluegrass songs…

1 Like

No way, bluegrass is good.

1 Like

The debut album of Portugal’s Astrodome was one of my low-key favorites and most listened to of 2017 despite its release date of 2015, and they’ve surprised me with a new one, and it’s even more beautiful than the first. Any fans of heavy psych/stoner prog should definitely not miss this one.

2 Likes