The Actual Table

Based on your description, this has shot high on to my wish list…

1 Like

It’s an acquired taste, and it’s a little abrupt at 2, you want 3 or more ideally, but it’s unique.

I’ve got two friends who will be all over this one, I’m sure.

1 Like

The green and pink pieces on the map look dangerously, seductively, edible.

1 Like

My phone’s camera is a great one for providing slightly washed-out colours, but Pax Pamir is actually a very nice looking game, and some of the very minor improvements people have made to some of the pieces, like a little ink wash, makes them look superb.

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/4796098/calvinc71

Very nice edition, and there’s a reprint coming to KS this year if you don’t mind waiting a little.

Are the pieces already etched? I don’t like painting my bits but a quick wash might be doable for me.

I think the reprint might be the only option at the moment as a very quick search on my main storefronts didn’t show an available copy.

Yup. Without a wash they still look nice.

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/4775681/pax-pamir-second-edition

But the circular region pieces in particular benefit from some highlighting.

Just dipping into all of the Pax Pamir 2 talk. I loved my one play of it. It helped that I won, but it is such a great design anyway that I’d still be saying that.

I’d love to get it to the table again.

So I have fallen victim to “RTFM” style currency exchange. I backed the “Dice Throne Adventures” plus season 1/2 rerolled and thought “why not go full and buy legendary collector with minis” which was $400 but thought, you know? I am worth it.

Turns out that was USD. Not AUD. So it was closer to $600AUD.

More than a little embarrassed, could have bought a second Switch for that!

Oh well, it better be amazing.

1 Like

You’re still worth it.

1 Like

Okay. Pax Pamir on the list.

1 Like

Let me know what you think of Adventures. I like Dice Throne quite a lot as a light Yahtzee-meets-RPG combat game. I’ve only got Season 2 because of the S1/Adventures compatibility issues, but am eagerly awaiting the retail versions of season 1 reprints and Adventures.

I can’t responsibly buy it currently, but Dune has got me thirsting for another great 6 player game, and along comes Westphalia.

1 Like

Hadn’t heard of this and it sounds great. The 6 player count is daunting, however. We rarely (never?) have 6 players or, if we do, there will be at least one that I wouldn’t trust with something more difficult than Codenames.

I’ll still buy it because I’m a sick, sick man.

Wondering about Dune. I have it but have never played. Was going to teach it in a couple weeks to my group but, again, we’re only 5. I know it plays best 6, but is 5 worthwhile? Is it still a good game at that count or should I shelve it and find something else?

4 Likes

Westphalia is 6 only. That attracts me, peversely.

Dune is still worth it at 5. At 4 or less forget it.

1 Like

Cool, thank you.

I told you I had a sickness…

hollandspiele

4 Likes

We might need a sixth to actually play this…how soon can you get to Milwaukee? :grin:

1 Like

Not soon enough, mate.

I bought the game but resisted the canvas map. I’m not a lost cause after all!

There’s a canvas map???!!!???

Dammit!

2 Likes