The Actual Table

Holy crow, does every one here own Gloomhaven but me?

1 Like

I don’t own it either and have never played it. I would play it if someone in my area had it and offered, but that’s not happened yet. I will never understand why you all haven’t moved to Berkeley yet. (aside from the impossibly high cost of living)

Broken Token organizers are amazing. I have one for Caverna, and I don’t understand how anyone can deal with that game without one.

1 Like

I don’t own it and never will.

Campaign and legacy games do nothing for me, since I don’t have a consistent opportunity to play the same game.

1 Like

Berkeley, IL is only about 1.5 hours away from me! Come on up and we’ll play some gloomhaven!

[ dave is unaware of any other city named Berkeley. Please don’t burst his bubble. -ed. ]

1 Like

I finally got to play terraforming mars yesterday. 4 new players and the owner giving a very concise and thorough rules overview. It was way less complicated than I thought it was going to be.

Everybody had a great time, even the often surly player couldn’t help but be dragged into the theme. I suspect having 5 players let us each keep an individual flavour to our tableaus. It felt a lot like race for the galaxy in that regard. Perhaps with 2 players we would end up building everything and the kitchen sink and that individuality would disappear.

3 Likes

Two players is more exhaustive because the end goals don’t scale. You both end up with sprawling card displays. Especially if you’re both wary of going for the finish when the other player has his TR engine humming.

2 Likes

I don’t have an organizer or anything for Gloomhaven, but I have a table set aside just for that, so I won’t have to put it away. I had hoped to get started playing before the holidays and my kids to join in, but since it ended up being a bit late, I never did get started. I’ve decided to start with spellweaver and cragheart as my first two characters.

2 Likes

Start your cringines.

1 Like

I’ll stick to Battlelore for what looks like a very similar experience. Or one of the myriad other miniature skirmish games I’ve got. What is that game supposedly doing that I haven’t seen before other than a weak attempt at using violence and language for shock value?

2 Likes

…did you not see the bit where that one mini nudged another one over?

2 Likes

That was too violent for me.

4 Likes

Even the teen boy inside of me cringed while watching that video.

3 Likes

But it’s Eric Lang, which means that it will make a couple of million on Kickstarter.

1 Like

I don’t know, I think they could have said “fuck” for no good reason at least 3 more times.

1 Like

The really illustrative thing with CMON stuff is they fund before the time required to read the KS page elapses.

1 Like

I dunno, “depraved band of assholes” really took the prize here…

2 Likes

I didn’t watch the video, but from what I gather the tone of it was, I probably should have said “It’s Eric Lang, so it will make a fuck-ton of money.”

1 Like

“It will make a fuckton of money, you cuntlords.

2 Likes

Of course! I guess I’m just too fucking nice to say all of those cunty swear words…

2 Likes

Never heard of this guy before, but he did Duelyst, which was pretty ok for an f2p game.

1 Like