Stately Play Perpetual Multi-game Ladder

Steady steady with @JMH.75 and @JammaTal

The thing I like about this game is that you can never really tell who is winning…

1 Like

Absolutely - especially since there’s some potential for “big swings” like completing a large area, etc.

Table 9 is in round D (out of A through E)

1 Like

Table 6 reporting in.

Good game both. I confess to knee-capping @HolstenKnight by taking the last building he needed to complete the 8-building town. In my defence, he was in second place at the time and the gap was closer, but still.

3 Likes

Great game, was my very first game. And I luv CoB! So much to learn, so many idea for the next game. Well played :grin:

3 Likes

Table 9 . Good game

3 Likes

good game!

1 Like

Great game!

I thought I was in a super strong position, but still couldn’t close. Not sure what to differently next time :slight_smile:

Our game is done. Good game!

2 Likes

Ok that wraps up our first ladder game in less than a month - off to a good start and I trust everyone enjoyed Castles of Burgundy!

3 Likes

Rather than doing a participation poll every time, I’ll just give it a few days in between games and allow people to opt out.

So, please post here or send me a direct message if you DO NOT want to play Isle of Skye.

I’m certainly liking it more and more with every play, though I still don’t have a solid strategy.

I am a bit baffled, though, that is is almost always mentioned as one of the best couples’ games on BGG when someone asks for a light game to play with a spouse; there is too much going on for this to be a light, quick game. I think my wife would hate it. It certainly isn’t anywhere near the same as another favorite for that recommendation, Lost Cities. This isn’t a complaint of the game, just an observation about what is always said about it.

Keep forgetting to post some how to play videos:

Quick one (5 minutes)

Rahdo run through (17 minutes)

2 Likes

Interesting. Yeah it wouldn’t be my choice for a light game or 2 player either.

I love the replayability of the random scoring goals, the “auction” mechanic, and tile placement, but it’s definitely more of a gamer’s game than casual IMO.

I’m gonna sit this one out.
Just don’t have the bandwidth to learn and new ruleset at the moment :grin:

1 Like

Same here, sitting out Skye. But I’ll be back for Raiders!

1 Like

Same. Isle of Skye and Raiders are both new to me, so I grabbed Raiders in the current sale and will be a nice punching bag by the time that one rolls around.

1 Like

I’m in.

As many are dropping out, I thought it might be beneficial to say if you’d participate. Maybe a poll isn’t a bad idea @Codington

2 Likes

Appreciate the thought - and the confirmation that you are in - but I’m still betting that the opt outs will be the exception. :slight_smile:

Last call if anyone else wants to OPT OUT of Isle of Skye. Otherwise, I’ll post the tables later today.

@irishdomer08
@feederofgoats
@kennfusion
@hardco
@JammaTal
@Schlotzky
@Baelnor
@Notsew12345
@robthomasson
@JMH.75
@zen4one
@Blackfyre