Stately Play Perpetual Multi-game Ladder

My first flight went so well yet the second was a disaster. Good game!

1 Like

Well, I suppose I should have predicted this, but ironically my push to get more votes on the Season 2 polls resulted in a tie for the “Tier 2” game. :stuck_out_tongue:

So now comes the really tough choice… picking ONE of these two awesome games! To make it a little more interesting - and hopefully reflective of actual preference - I’m making this a 1 to 5 ranking of each of the two tied games.

NOTE: you can and SHOULD vote in BOTH polls! If, for some reason, you don’t want to play one of these games, then voting “1” is better than abstaining (because a zero doesn’t count!)

Brass: vote 5 if you love it!

0 voters

Gaia Project: vote 5 if you love it!

0 voters

@feederofgoats
@kennfusion
@doublebullout
@Schlotzky
@hardco
@irishdomer08
@Notsew12345
@JMH.75
@Baelnor
@JammaTal
@Blackfyre
@zen4one
@robthomasson
@Dave
@rinelk
@Zebracadabra
@HolstenKnight
@SpiceTheCat
@geigerm
@JaneHatke
@Caradog
@HostileApostle
@Mirefox
@whovian223
@JHTaube
@jason1002
@js619
@johnl

2 Likes

Table 8 is complete
Close finish and good game y’all

3 Likes

Looks like just Table 3 remains - I know you got a bit of a later start, but just checking in anyway to see how your game is progressing…

@Schlotzky
@JammaTal
@JMH.75

shipbulding for second run is nearly completed.

1 Like

While we are still waiting for Season 1 to wrap up, I will go ahead and let everyone know that the votes and RNG list generator have determined that the Season 2 game list will be:

1. Lords of Waterdeep
  2. Gaia Project
  3. Roll Player
  4. Concordia

I’ll post standings at the end of Season 1 and then create tables for Waterdeep.

Don’t forget to reach out on the Practice Arena thread if you need to get a game of Gaia Project or Roll Player before we get there! (As for Concordia, there’s already an on-going set of games:slight_smile: )

5 Likes

i prefer to opt out of Waterdeep.

No problem. I’ll be running polls before each game as usual.

1 Like

we’ve reached our destination alive. GG

2 Likes

And that’s a wrap on Season 1!

Hopefully everyone is enjoying the ladder so far. Feel free to send me any feedback!

Below are the standings heading into Season 2.

@codington
@hardco
@irishdomer08
@doublebullout
@zen4one
@JammaTal
@kennfusion
@JMH.75
@rinelk
@feederofgoats
@Schlotzky
@robthomasson
@Baelnor
@Caradog
@Dave
@Zebracadabra
@Blackfyre
@Notsew12345
@SpiceTheCat
@whovian223
@geigerm
@HolstenKnight
@johnl
@JaneHatke
@JHTaube
@HostileApostle
@Mirefox
@js619
@jason1002

3 Likes

Are these standings sorted in any particular way? I thought standings usually had numbers with them

Top to bottom = ladder rank. :wink: I’m not tracking any particular score for the ladder, just a simple ordering. If you win, you move up. If you lose, you move down.

How was the original order of the list determined? Random?

Decathlon results with new players seeded in the middle.

Initial ranking and rules are listed at the top of the thread, but here’s the standings piece:

Player Standings

1. Players will be ranked in “perpetual” standings - newcomers are “grandfathered” into the middle
  2. Movement up and down the ladder happens based on the result of matches (win = move up, loss = move down, tie in 3P = hold position)

See the Google Sheet for records of games and ranking from game to game.

2 Likes

Hi folks - sorry for the radio silence, I was away last week.

Please indicate your availability / interest in playing our first game of Season 2 - Lords of Waterdeep - by responding to this poll. I’ll send the table groups out in the next week or less, depending on how quickly the responses come in.

Will you play Lords of Waterdeep?
  • Yes - DnD with no dice? Count me in!
  • No - I am unavailable and/or have a cube aversion.

0 voters

@codington
@hardco
@irishdomer08
@doublebullout
@zen4one
@JammaTal
@kennfusion
@JMH.75
@rinelk
@feederofgoats
@Schlotzky
@robthomasson
@Baelnor
@Caradog
@Dave
@Zebracadabra
@Blackfyre
@Notsew12345
@SpiceTheCat
@whovian223
@geigerm
@HolstenKnight
@johnl
@JaneHatke
@JHTaube
@HostileApostle
@Mirefox
@js619
@jason1002

@feederofgoats
@HolstenKnight
@Notsew12345

We have room for another table of Waterdeep if you are interested (see poll above.)

Sorry, I have to opt-out. No time atm to learn a new game. :sweat:

1 Like

Ok, here we go with Season 2!

Our first game for the new season is another recurring favourite: Lords of Waterdeep!

The first person at each table will please create an online game and invite the other two. Be sure to set the game length to “45 days” from the button over the list of players.

TL:DR - either the base game or adding Skullport is the recommended configuration.

NOTE: it is highly recommended that you DO NOT pick the Undermountain expansion since it contains the “Open Lord” card which is widely considered OP for a 3 player game.

Additionally, for tournament play, I would ask that you not choose to play a “Long Game” for obvious reasons. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Here are the tables:

Table 1
@codington
@hardco
@irishdomer08

Table 2
@doublebullout
@zen4one
@kennfusion

Table 3
@JMH.75
@rinelk
@Schlotzky

Table 4
@Baelnor
@Caradog
@Dave

Table 5
@Zebracadabra
@Blackfyre
@SpiceTheCat

Table 6
@whovian223
@geigerm
@johnl

Table 7
@JaneHatke
@JHTaube
@HostileApostle

Table 8
@Mirefox
@js619
@jason1002

1 Like

@js619 @jason1002

Yes or no to Skullport? I own it and am fine either way.