Stately Play Decathlon thread

One card left on journey 2.

Very little ship damage to date, I expect an intense third flight

1 Like

I was thinking something similar. Iā€™ll update my leaderboard when I get the chance and see if thereā€™s a reasonable compromise

Iā€™ve had a quick look at the numbers and @johnl could move from table 2 to table 1 if he wins, and either @Baelnor or @JMH.75 could move from table 3 to 2 with a win. If all 3 players are happy to stay at their current tables we can move on to the next game. Itā€™s probably worth noting tables 1 and 2 are going to be the four player tables so you might end up scoring zero points there, so Iā€™m assuming the status quo will be preferable.

Iā€™m ok with that.

I will go with whateverā€™s the tourney lead decides

Iā€™m ok with that, donā€™t want to hold everyone up.

Good on you John. I think you had the most to gain my waiting so Im glad youā€™re on board with us moving on.

Iā€™ll post the current leaderboard and next set of tables when I get the chance today

Welcome to the start of Day 2!

Games will now follow a slightly different format. We will play one game at a time in seeded groups based on our leaderboard position, with the leaderboard being recalculated after each game.

As we have an odd number of players the first 8 players will play in tables of 4 while the other players play in tables of 3. Be warned that the 4th player at the 4 player tables will be awarded ZERO points for the game, and likely drop down the table, to be replaced by a winning player from the lower half of the table. Perhaps winning by any means (or at least not coming last) is the order of the day.

So without further ado, first up we have Agricola. Not only a Uwe Rosenburg classic which is 15th place on board game geek, but also an adaptation that showed us Playdek really know how to make a board game app.

Table 1

@Snotty128
@SleepingGiant
@geigerm
@JHTaube

Table 2

@irishdomer08
@Hardco
@johnl
@KYakerDude

Table 3

@Baelnor
@JMH.75
@js619

Table 4

@Codington
@kennfusion
@jason1002

Table 5

@JaneHatke
@whovian223
@JammaTal

The first player of each table to set up the table, with draft rules, 45 days timer, and EIKG decks. If some players do not have all decks please reduce the number of decks to accomodate them. Can the winner also report the final scores please.

1 Like

The current leaderboard

Obviously I am absolutely mortified to be first in the tournament Iā€™m organising. I suspect that might change as there are a couple of games Iā€™ve never played in the coming collection of games

2 Likes

Table 4 created! Looks like @jason1002 has already joined, so @kennfusion just let me know if you have any troubles starting this ā€œfull decksā€ game. (Because everybody knows that if you arenā€™t playing EIKG, you arenā€™t playing with the full decks, right? :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

Table 5 created

1 Like

Sorry, I am going to have to sit out Agricola roundā€¦I am not a fan of the game, and donā€™t want to spend $4 for G. Hope that does not mess things up too bad.

I can go to table 3 or 5

@kennfusion are you only missing ā€œGā€? We can play with a different subset of decks, according to @Snotty128ā€¦ Otherwise, if you really want to sit this one out, Iā€™m fine to move to another table.

No worries Kenn. Iā€™m glad that people can feel comfortable saying they donā€™t want to play, rather than struggling through and not enjoying themselves.

I think @jason1002 has got the right idea, so could @JaneHatke remake her table to include Jason please, and if @Baelnor could create their table and include @Codington please.

1 Like

Yeah, I am only missing G, but to be honest, I donā€™t get the game. I will just come in last place. You are probably going to have more fun at a table where there might be a challenge

Hello @JaneHatke , i will pass on your invite and wait for the new one including jason1002.

Invite has been sent to include coddington

1 Like

New Table 5 created

1 Like

I sent you an idea, itā€™s probably too late to be fair to apply for this round, but what if a player gets half a point for forfeiting in advanceā€¦ that way they would still get the lowest score at the table, but at least have a tie-breaker for overall score? Maybe for future rounds or future multi-game tourneys like this?