Stately Play Decathlon 2022!

I should be on now. Is it still greyed out? Thanks!

There we go. Table set up @Notsew12345, @JMH.75

1 Like

This is just a general reminder to check your confirmations. This game has you confirm everything and sometimes it seems like I have to hit the little green arrow 2-3 times just to finish out my turn.

4 Likes

Hi all - just a final reminder to cast your votes for the last game in the 2022 Decathlon over on the Decathlon Practice thread. I will call the result final tomorrow so practice games can get underway while we finish Waterdeep.

It looks like all Acram games are on sale on iOS at the moment. Now might be a good time to pick up Concordia if you don’t have it.

3 Likes

Foreshadowing / spoiler alert! :wink: (But seriously, Concordia is a great game - highly recommend!)

Lords of Waterdeep updated on iOS today. I can’t recall ever having problems with Playdek updates ruining games or anything. I don’t know if failing to update could cause any notification issues, though.

2 Likes

Ok, 17 of 21 have voted on game #10 and the winner is…

Viticulture!

(Just kidding)

The actual winner is Concordia which I think will be a great way to finish off the Decathlon.

Jump over to the practice thread if you want to get a practice game or two in before Waterdeep wraps up!

1 Like

If anyone wants to get a practice game of Concordia in, @Caradog and @Hardco are looking for a third… (I would do it but I’m in two practice games and having enough trouble keeping them straight as it is! :stuck_out_tongue: )

Happy holidays everyone! I hope you all have a chance to play even more games than usual (maybe even gasp in person) over the next week or so, and that you find a new game or two under the tree! :smiley:

5 Likes

Table 2 is done. Good game mates. I was able to get a really good string of Arcana cards running which is all Irusyl needs is to just keep hammering away at one card type. Add Baelnor’s Heroes Garden to that and I was able to get a lot of late game scoring.

1 Like

Table 5 is all wrapped up. I think @SpiceTheCat started with 50 more points than the rest of us because before I even noticed he was out to a commanding lead that we would never catch.

Good game!

3 Likes

Yeah, that was brutal. Good game!

2 Likes

Good game both. I had a nice sequence of Piety quests, including the 2 bonus VP for completed quests, which was a solid boost.

I’d forgotten how interesting LoW is. Maybe another tourney candidate in due course.

1 Like

Table 6 is done—good game to @js619 and @jason1002

2 Likes

Congrats @geigerm on using Waterdeep Harbor so many times, where you put your pawn and play an Intrigue card, then play the pawn again later

2 Likes

I always saw the harbor as mandatory if anyone else plays there. In most of my games, one player using the harbor triggers the others to use it as well lest they have fewer turns than everyone else.

I suppose if I had to tweak this game at all, I think harbor spaces should be the number of players minus one, making the space even more important to pay attention to.

3 Likes

I play the harbor as much as possible unless my intrigue cards are absolute garbage. I’ve found those extra actions are key to winning.

4 Likes

My intrigue cards were mostly useless in this one… and the end of the game definitely snuck up on me! gg all!

1 Like

Happy New Year all! Nice to see some finished tables coming in - although I had long ago given up finishing the 2022 Decathlon in 2022. :stuck_out_tongue:

Table 1 has been inching along but seems to have picked up our pace now that the holidays are over. We are mid-way through Round 5.

Hope tables 3, 4, and 7 are going well too!

1 Like