Stately Play Decathlon 2021

Ok, folks, we’ve got a nice set of 7x3 player tables now (thanks to @HostileApostle!) so it’s time to gear up for the first game.

One thing I would prefer to see is games being played with the same expansion(s) by all players, but I realize that could generate a fair amount of debate and could, of course, also incur more costs for new players. So, I’ll take a stab at researching and proposing expansion(s) in advance but leave it up to each table to make their own decision.

For Star Realms, common consensus seems to be that Bases & Battleships evens out some imbalance in the base set, so that’s my recommendation for Game #1.

The Base Set (formerly known as “Full”) is required to play online so the grand total in USD for the recommended configuration is $4.99 + $1.99 - not bad for the most popular game on our list!

Stay tuned for the official table listing on Thursday for a Friday, January 1st, 2021 start…

For now, here’s our final player listing without any matchups set yet:

@js619
@whovian223
@JammaTal
@irishdomer08
@SpiceTheCat
@kennfusion
@feederofgoats
@Mirefox
@JHTaube
@jason1002
@JMH.75
@johnl
@JaneHatke
@Hardco
@Baelnor
@Codington
@geigerm
@KYakerDude
@Schlotzky
@doublebullout
@HostileApostle

5 Likes

I’m also going to try to find and post some “how to play” videos as we go, so here are the first few:

Star Realms

Lords of Waterdeep

Fair warning: I didn’t watch the longer videos all the way through before posting these. :wink:

3 Likes

Welcome, would-be-champions, to the start of what I am sure will be another EPIC decathlon for 2021!

Our first game is the now “classic” (and apparently much loved!) Star Realms.
Link to the App Store is below…

Since it is a 2 player game, each player at the “tables” of 3 will play one game against each of the two other players.

Again, the recommended setup for this game is the Base set plus the “Bases & Battleships” expansion, but each table of 3 is free to agree on their own set of expansions, provided all games at the table are played with the same setup.

The winner of each game will please post a screenshot of the final outcome, including scores.

In case of a three-way tie (1 win, 1 loss for all 3 players) I will use the scores from the games to determine the table outcome.

Happy gaming and happy new year!

Table 1
@Hardco
@irishdomer08
@Codington

Table 2
@JammaTal
@feederofgoats
@Baelnor

Table 3
@kennfusion
@Schlotzky
@geigerm

Table 4
@JHTaube
@JMH.75
@jason1002

Table 5
@js619
@KYakerDude
@johnl

Table 6
@whovian223
@JaneHatke
@SpiceTheCat

Table 7
@Mirefox
@doublebullout
@HostileApostle

3 Likes

@JaneHatke and @SpiceTheCat what are your Star Realms names?

I’m Whovian (since it didn’t allow numbers when I set mine up)

I’m JaneHatke

Hi all. 2020 brain strikes again!

I just remembered that last time we did best of 3 with each other player at the table for Star Realms.

Probably makes sense to do that again since the game can be lopsided and games tend to be quick even at only one or two turns a day.

Apologies for the mix up.

3 Likes

SR Name is SpiceTheCat. I’ve sent you a challenge and accepted @JaneHatke‘s. Good luck both :blush:

@geigerm just sent you two challenges for best of 3. @Schlotzky same with you, but I am assuming that the Schlotzky in SR is you, I hope.

1 Like

I got a game from @HostileApostle (I think) but I need your SR name @doublebullout. Or you can just send me a game invite. I’m Mirefox in everything.

There’s a character limit for user names, so I had to make do with “doublbullout”. I’ll send a couple of invites to you and HostileApostle. Did we all opt for the Core + BB set?

@HostileApostle, what’s your SR handle?

@kennfusion Yep, that’s me. Accepted this morning. Good luck!

COACHSCHLOTZ is my handle

Mirefox and I are already going at it.

1 Like

@KYakerDude and @johnl I’m JS619 in SR. Have all the expansions and am equally awful with them all too, so I’m good with sticking with the recommended ones unless you have something else?

I’m trying to play some of the campaign games while this stage of the decathlon is going on. Some of them seam near impossible to get 3 stars on. The first chapter boss, for example, requires you to win before turn 7? Has anyone done this and do you have any advice?

@feederofgoats, tried to send a challenge to “feederofgoats” but “opponent not found”.
i’m JammaTal in SR and all other games (+5156 in DW games).

I invited Goatfeeder and I got someone…

Yep that’s me. Sent you an invite @JammaTal

Hardco over @Codington 2-0

Irishdomer08 over hardco 2-0

HostileApostle over Mirefox 2-0. IMG_0073 (1).PNG IMG_0074.PNG

2 Likes