Stately Play Decathlon 2019

Dunno - haven’t played enough of this to know if the app is buggy. Call it a draw? Start anew?

Paging @JammaTal–he tends to be pretty plugged in on the state of the Brass app …

Somehow, table 1 ended up with no one that was particularly good at Brass. I seemed to have a better idea of what was going on than the others though…

Hardco 184
@Schlotzky 107
@kennfusion 56

1 Like

I deserved to be at that table. I can say that the game mechanics are starting to click a little for me now, and I can appreciate the design though I’m not sure yet if I like it. I do have a hard time reading the board via the app, though. Maybe I’ll learn with time…

Hey I had 56 pts! Not bad for the first full game I have played through.

Brass is interesting, but I did not find the goal to be very intuitive. Probably not a game I am interesting in playing again.

GG to @Hardco and @Schlotzky

Seems I’ve misread my seating card as well…

I’m fine with either of those. There’s definitely some weird bug, because whatever action I do, it completes it, then I get a message saying that I don’t have enough money to complete (for example) a second canal link, even though a) I do have enough money and b) that is not relevant as you only get to complete one link for an action anyway.

Then it looks like my turn is complete, but when I go back into the app, its still my turn.

I’m ok with either decision as well. @SleepingGiant, your call? @Hardco, do you want to weigh in as the organizer?

I’m fine with you guys restarting.

Gg @Hardco, @kennfusion.

Was pretty confused going in, think I had a couple epiphanies during the game, but certainly not my strong suit as of yet.

Really enjoyed the game though, looking forward to playing some more of it.

Of the 4 new games I have learned for the Decathalon, I have not liked Twilight Struggle or Brass, but I just LOVE Race for the Galaxy and am really getting into Through the Ages right now. So I am more than pleased with picking up two new games with the wash of two.

2 Likes

Sure, let’s just restart then, @feederofgoats and @js619.

I created a new table called ‘SP table 3 re30’. (Ignore the one called ‘SP table 3 restart’ since I forgot to change the 3 day timer on that one.)

1 Like

afaik the app is in pretty good shape now. i have never before heard of a bug like that.
should be reported to Cublo support. the devs are
a) really interested in fixing bugs and
b) can look into games on their server.

i remember they even managed to fix a stuck game.

Table 6 is all finished! I don’t remember who was what color so chime in, @whovian223 and @jason1002. I was in 3rd.

Good game, all!

I was purple. Great game! I still suck at this game

I was the winner. Somebody who shall remain nameless developed all his shipyards and built a rail to Barrow in Furness. But then did not immediately build a shipyard. So I did it. I felt terrible .

2 Likes

yeah, I knew that was a mistake after I did it. Didn’t have enough money to do both in the same turn. (and yes, he’s now named)

2 Likes

Table 5 is done.

179 @Baelnor
174 @Kyakerdude
120 @johnl

Good game fellows!

Uploading: 121F44F4-9B81-4B1B-A317-F0E4D347F5D5.png… Uploading: F16AD0CE-693F-4CAF-991A-21D0A962B593.png…

GG!

@irishdomer08 215
@Codington 167
@JHTaube 133