Stately Play Decathlon 2019

I applaud your resolve to keep email off your phone.

Had to buy RftG, Brass and TTAā€¦but I am in training mode!

4 Likes

Uh ohā€¦take a look at al the recent reviews for Ticket to Ride. Apparently, the game is basically unplayable on the iPhone X and onward because of where they have moved he UI. It this something we need to keep an eye on since TTR is up next in our rotation?

Ooh, thatā€™s not good news. They updated it 3 days ago but no mention of iPhone X in the patch notes. Iā€™ll try to look into it.

It would only be an issue if someone is playing on an iPhone X I guess. I play on iPad, if anyone is on a iPhoneX and wants to test a game, send me a challenge.

On a side note, I downloaded Race for the Galaxy this morning, as my daughter had back to back swim lessons, so I had 2 hours to kill. Played through the tutorial (which was a little confusing) but once I started playing against the AIā€¦I like this game.

1 Like

Race is one of those funny games that seems a little confusing as you learn it, but once youā€™ve learned it you realize it is incredibly simple. The icons can make understanding a little rough, but the digital version alleviates that problem.

1 Like

Ticket to Ride patched yesterday for iPhone X. So should not be a problem.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve played Carcassonne hundreds of times on the table; I own every expansion. I havenā€™t played in a couple of years now, though, and itā€™s amazing how terrible I am at the game.

Hi @SpiceTheCat and @Neumannium - sorry for the late response. Iā€™m only online intermittently at the moment due to the holidays. Iā€™m happy to play with whatever expansions you like

Mike

First game of the Decathalon is complete. GG to both @Mirefox and @js619.

1 Like

GG guys! This was a lot closer than I expected - thank heavens I plopped that farmer down in the very beginning, as I think his 18 points carried the game for me.

Yes, thatā€™s what won it for you. I was trying to get in on that farm and just couldnā€™t get the fields connected.

I saw you trying to hone in lol! Did my best to cut you off with roads and unplayable spaces. I forgot how cutthroat this game could be!

1 Like

Iā€™m up for a rematch. Great, classic game.

2 Likes

@Mirefox and @js619 sent an invite, same setup with Rivers. If we want to keep playing after this, I can add expansions if there are any that you particularly like.

2 Likes

Table two is complete! We played base game, no river, so it was over in no time. Good game everyone!

3 Likes

I think I need to do roads :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Baelnor and @Hardco, what about a rematch just for fun? i need some practice too :smirk:

Table 3 is complete:

@KYakerDude 450
geigerm 340
@jason1002 320

Great game all around!

3 Likes

1 Like