Stately Joking: Official Dad Joke Thread

True story from this morning. While walking with my 8yo daughter we were talking about all of the different types of birds that were out and we could see, and that we did not know what any of them were, other than different from each other.

Daughter: I don’t know any bird types or bird calls. I should learn about birds.
Me: I know a bird call.
Daughter: Really?
Me: (shouting) HEY BIRDS!
Daughter: That was the worst dad joke ever
(10 seconds pass)
Daughter: Ok, that was actually pretty funny
Me: Yes!

10 Likes

Went for a job interview today, at IKEA. The manager said, “Come in, make a seat.”

Happy Father’s Day!

6 Likes

5 Likes

What did Batman say to Robin before they got in the Batmobile?

“Get in the Batmobile.”

5 Likes

What did one wall say to the other?

I’ll meet you at the corner.

I ate a clock once for dinner…
it was very time-consuming.

2 Likes

My cousin’s husband ran a comic shop in West Virginia called Highlander Comics. He was never able to franchise it, though. Apparently there could be only one.

2 Likes

The first rule of passive aggressive club is… You know what, nevermind. It’s fine.

8 Likes

The other day I bought a thesaurus, but when I got home and opened it, all the pages were blank.

I have no words to describe how angry I am.

5 Likes

It’s going to sound weird, but I had that same thing happen once with a dictionary.

I was going to try to return it, but the experience left me speechless.

3 Likes

Reminds me of the defective calendar I had to return. Apparently the company had some issues with lazy employees and it led to them taking a couple days off.

Good news is those bum calendarmakers got canned. After those mistakes, they knew their days were numbered.

I may have screwed up some of these calendar-related jokes. Sorry if they were a little week.

4 Likes

I just started the whiskey diet. I’ve already lost 3 days!

3 Likes

How do you think the unthinkable?

With an ithberg…

5 Likes

Why did Will use an open hand? Because paper always beats Rock.

3 Likes

My wife told me to stop impersonating a flamingo. I had to put my foot down.

Happy Father’s Day!

7 Likes

(Stolen from Twitter)

I’ve invented a telepathic air freshener. It makes scents when you think about it.

4 Likes

A Mexican magician promised he would disappear on the count of three. With the audience in rapt attention he began to count…

Uno!

Dos!

POOF he was gone!

He had vanished without a tres.

4 Likes