Stately Citizen Journalism

Just found out this.
Looks great (I know nothing about the game).

Legends of Andor di USM

1 Like

Knew nothing about the original game but Iā€™m enjoying this so far. Feels a bit like playing Runewars with a doom tracker (limited amount of turns you can take in a day before your characters start losing health, limited amount of days you can take before the quest is a failure).

Really high production value, or at least from what Iā€™ve seen so far.

Solo play only (Sounds like the original was coop, with each player having their own hero, here itā€™s single player with one player controlling all the heroes.

1 Like

Awesome find! Havenā€™t played, but it has been on my wish list. Will absolutely be downloading soon.

The link for iOS. Played it a bit. Seems nice.

Have you beaten it with the rogue yet? The castle is no joke.

Interesting new cyberpunk themed card game in beta. (Possibly on iOS too). Like an expanded on version of Avignonā€™s tug of war mechanics.

No, actually I must admit only been through the tutorial and a bit into the story. Problem is, Iā€™ve bought sunless sea recently on iOS and play it whenever i am in mod for IF. So itā€™s going to be a while before I come to play PoA.

My shameful backlog is so long, I could play 70 years from now without getting bored :see_no_evil:

Welcome my brother in arms!
Each time I feel bad about my urges and spending sprees I look at your purchase history and feel not as bad as before :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!ā„¢

3 Likes

At least my library is good for something :joy:

1 Like

For a limited time Deponia: The Complete Journey is free on Humble Bundle. It several great Adventure games in one package.

Oiiiii, Backlog! Several high-quality Adventure games inboundā€¦(well I finished the first 2 already but surely will want to do a complete run through it - if an opportunity arises.

Slide to Play is closing down. 11years, and they canā€™t keep making it work. Makes me wonder when Toucharcade is going to bite the dust which would suck.

1 Like

Man, that is sad news. :slightly_frowning_face: I agree, the news coming out of TouchArcade is not good, after Apple eliminated the affiliate commission completely, in October 2018. Iā€™ve been a minor Patreon supporter there, one reason being their forums used to have developer participation (such as the difficulty in syncā€™ing Guild of Dungeoneering across IOS devices with Appleā€™s process). I do hope Shaun Musgrave lands somewhere, his Switch and RPG coverage has been a favorite of mine.

ā€œKids these daysā€ seem to enjoy getting their info from YouTube videos, but I donā€™t have time or patience for that, I like to read my news and reviews. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Iā€™m the same. I prefer to read rather than watch YouTube videos.

4 Likes

Man, I was lamenting the videoization of the internet probably a decade (or even, Jesus, a decade and a half) or more ago, and itā€™s only gotten way, way worse.

Death to video.

Long live text.

7 Likes

I thought they all moved on to twitch?

I am ok with YT but the streaming stuff? Thatā€™s where I drew the lineā€¦

Subnautica (of which I am very late to the party but currently raving about) has a sequel on the way and is entering Steam early access next week. The sequel is called Sub Zero.

Edit: Comments in the IGN article from which I pulled this news suggest that it isnā€™t a sequel, but a stand alone expansion.

Iā€™m gonna wait until someone gives this one to me for free, too, I think.

I like video, but I donā€™t have time for much of it.

I much prefer text.

Which is why I write rather than record (that, and I think my audience would go down if I went to video)

2 Likes

At least youā€™re not in here promoting posts on your own blog or anythingā€¦ :smiley:

(This is a jokeā€¦)

3 Likes

I donā€™t understand how some of the streamers have an audience, but then Iā€™ve never been in danger of being accused of being one of the hip, cool kids. :grin: A lot of them have abundant profanity, loud metal or rap music that Iā€™m not the target audience for ā€¦

What I do have is a second monitor on the PC, and sometimes when gaming Iā€™ll throw up a twitch stream on the second monitor. For instance, with Diablo III, I can comfortably recommend giving Bluddshed (https://www.twitch.tv/bluddshed) a try on your second monitor. Now that Iā€™m doing Diablo III on the Nintendo Switch in the La-Z-Boy, Iā€™ll put Bluddshedā€™s entertaining and informative twitch stream up on the TV while Iā€™m slaying demons in the recliner. :sunglasses:

Along with Icy Veins, I use Bluddshedā€™s guides on Diablo Fans as a good template to consider, then modify for my personal maximum fun, and Iā€™ve also enjoyed his informative YouTube videos. One thing that I find cool is that since heā€™s so interactive with his twitch chat he has a good understanding of ā€œchillā€ builds that are fun to play without always being on the edge of getting killed. :slight_smile: