Stately Citizen Journalism

I’m just into Chapter 2 yesterday, doing all the justice missions as well. Unless it ends next mission, I’m pretty happy with it so far. Hell, I’ve wasted $3.99 or more on worse (still glaring at you, Sid Meier’s Starships… )

I’m really happy with it, especially if subsequent episodes will be free.

And even if they weren’t, I don’t know if I would be that upset. Just kind of disappointed.

It was a great game!

I do hope the episodes come out. There was another game that I can’t place right now where it was basically episode 1, and it’s been almost a year and I haven’t heard anything about the next chapters.

I know exactly what you’re talking about, and also can’t think of the name… #oldmanproblems

The old style space RPG game?

Yeah, I really enjoyed that, and then “boom!!!” it’s over and waiting for the next episode.

I was a little surprised by that. I missed that it was only the first part of something in the description, and I know it wasn’t called Episode 1

Think so… my brain is mush from playing too much Card Thief… finally got a handle on it, then moved onto the second castle…

Tokaido is out now on Google Play (not sure about iOS)

Edit: NVM, didn’t see the front page post. :wink:

This story is a pleasant surprise–didn’t see this coming at all:

graphics style looks like isometric now.
Deathwatch: Tyranid Invasion style.
i like that much more than the flat original Warhammer Quest presentation.

Scooped! Just came to post this. I’m psyched for this - I loved the first one and Deathwatch.

I knew waking up at 3 had at least one benefit … :sleeping:

I liked the first one, but the gameplay got stale pretty quickly for me. Deathwatch had enough variety in its maps and enemies to keep me interested much longer. Let’s hope WHQ 2 is more like the latter.

1 Like

I’m hoping for Deathwatch play but without the booster pack IAP nonsense.

1 Like

I get the impression that random booster-type stuff is getting so widespread and accepted these days that I’m holding off on such hopes. I should write up an argument for them, actually. I don’t like them, either, but I think I can see why they’re appealing.

Ugh… I much prefer in game drops, especially for a game like Warhammer Quest. Beat the big baddie, expect a good drop. Beat the random dungeon trash, expect something like gold or a common drop or once in a while a good weapon / shield / trinket thing. Plus a system like that increases replayability - something like WoW, where you knew the boss dropped the Greatsword of Multiple Monster Slayings, and if you ran the damn instance enough you’d get it or at least have a shot at rolling on it (looking at you, stupid DPS druid that rolled on my holy 1h clearly designed for a pally mace back in Cataclysm before I had kids and had time to play things other than mobile games).

I understand booster packs from the monetary standpoint, but it almost seems to cheapen the gameplay feel.

Drop EVERYTHING you are doing:

As an added bonus, the elder scrolls game works on my iPad, unlike Faeria

Sunless Sea is out for iPad!

Sunless Sea by Failbetter Games

1 Like

Is anyone getting a total Crimson: Steam Pirates vibe from this one?

My God, that was a GREAT game. I would have bought 50 of those chapter packs, if they just would have released them.

Looks like Nomad is teaming up with Asmodee to release Smash Up!

I’m not too impressed with Asmodee lately, but that have been updating Potion Explosion to fix the multiplayer issues. Nomad (Smash Up Zombie Lord) has been saying they will release Smash Up soon (that was back in early January). So maybe this is a good thing.

Frankly, I’m starting to lose interest in the game. I’ve played this several times with the family. While I don’t mind losing all the time to my 11 year old, I’m less and less enthralled with the game play. Maybe I’m just not doing it right.

I asume you also played Steambird and Steambird: Survival…it is not exactly the same, but goes for the same itching need.

I haven’t seen much about Sunless Sea but the first time I saw a Scrennshot top-down with a ship on it I immediately thought Crimson:Steam Pirates

6 Likes