Stately Citizen Journalism

Ah, didn’t realize they were the publisher, not the devs. I’ll still await a review / impressions before dropping more cash this week.

So… I was screwing around on the computer this morning and followed a BGG link saying that Terra Mystica is set to be released “in the coming weeks” for digital (https://www.facebook.com/terramysticaapp/). Fell down a rabbit hole and discovered there are plans for Scythe to come to Steam and iOS!? Any more info on this, @Neumannium?

https://www.facebook.com/scythedigitaledition/?ref=pyml_chaining - not sure how to link just a specific post. It’s the fifth one down, from January 30th

(disclaimer: I haven’t had a chance to play the cardboard, but have heard people rave about it)

2 Likes

a m a z i n g !

Scythe and Terra Mystica coming to my ipad! i must be dreaming :innocent:

I KNOW!!!

TM has been in development for a while, but this is the first I’ve heard mention of Scythe - have you played the cardboard? Is it as good as they say it is?

Scythe was daunting the first 3 times I played it, but after that it kinda clicks. Sorta the same learning curve as Twilight Struggle.

What do you guys think of Fig? I mean the investment part of it. It could be a new and lucrative way to invest in games you think might do well and get some, all, or even more than your original sum back. If my calculations are right though, it would take long years until you break even, if the game goes pretty well. If it does not, well…

Some of you members might be more into math and finance than me, so do you like to share your thoughts on it?

New Ascension large expansion dropping tomorrow!

2 Likes

Looks like Ascension is getting another expansion on March 8th -

edit: Wow, that screenshot is awful. Here’s the link - https://www.facebook.com/Playdek/

2 Likes

Oh my…another tournament soon, I hope?

2 Likes

Absolutely–can’t let an Ascension expansion drop and not fire up a tourney shortly after that … heck, maybe we should start taking signups now …

Just occurred to my addled brain that the 8th is tomorrow… dur…

And the tourney thread is here: Ascension: War of Shadows Tournament [Complete]

The other expansion will be on sale for $1 each. I only have Dreamscape and am thinking about picking up some of the other expansions (or all of them). Are the promo packs played much? Are the each worth $1?

The promos are an acquired taste and are definitely optional. Many of the cards aren’t even close to balanced.

All of the regular sets, though, are worth getting, especially at that price.

2 Likes

And most of them are better than Dreamscape (mechanically) so yeah they are worth it.
Promos…not that much…

Gotta admit … not much of a Dreamscape fan, either. Possibly my least-favorite set.

Can we discuss the Stately Play tweet this morning about Playdek and GMT possibly developing Labyrinth in digital format? Please, just take all of my money… @rinelk @Neumannium @Strangiato

Ticket to Earth https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ticket-to-earth/id1037285648?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4 just released; I knew nothing about it before following a tweet and links and rabbit holes. It looks pretty cool, melding an RPG with match-3 type movement and a tech tree. Spoken of very highly by @Pitta on another site, and his opinion carries enough weight in my world to make me click the buy button. Currently $3.99 but listed as a launch sale; the game weighs in at a hefty 1.07 GB, preventing me from downloading it at work…

Gameplay video, little long, but gives an idea of the mechanics involved…

2 Likes

It’s not good, it’s really gloriously awesome.
I left more impressions on NeoGAF but I highly recommend the game.

Not counting Card Thief out in few days which I was lucky enough to test (and fell in love) this week gave me two games that went directly in my GOTY contender list.
Kingdom New Lands (unique and utterly awesome) and Ticket to Earth, finally a fresh take on SRPGs.

1 Like

I’m enjoying Kingdom New Lands a ton, even though I’m a complete moron at it. I managed to survive 8 days despite having any clue wtf I was doing…