Stately Citizen Journalism

Oh, wow. That looks really cool! It’s funded by Failbetter, so it seems the FL comparison is spot-on.

Maybe part of their Fundbetter program? https://www.failbettergames.com/fundbetter/

Yeah, that’s what’s linked at the bottom of the site.

Ah… didn’t read that far down initially.

Every Single Soldier tweeted this video this morning - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5SbAoedFfk

Looks like Afghanistan '11 is set to release March 23rd!

No word on Carrier Deck yet…

edited: Releasing March 23rd for PC, iOS version to follow around three months later.

I have finally joined Operation Exodus.

Saw this game on AppShopper, looked intriguing, especially if you like the band Dream Theater:

Looks nice, and the price seems more than fair. Still I’m not buying. I think UHR-Warlords is a great game, but it was not a success for the devs as far as I know, and my joy with it was very short.

I have been watching the development of digital board game for years now and this is my current opinion:
Developers of digital board games need to learn one thing. Those games need a good working, easy accessible, mass-oriented multiplayer mode. If they won’t succeed in bringing this feature to their games, no one will play them, no one will talk about them and no one will consider buying them, except maybe a very few dedicated. If someone wants to play a game all by him-/ or herself, other genres are well better suited to entertain. And multiplayer on the same device? Really!? Maybe husband and wife? I can’t imagine anyone inviting friends over, just to play a board game… on the same screen?

Only Playdek and Coding Monkeys (Carcassonne) have thus far provided a system that fulfills these criteria IMO. Their aim in turn should be providing an easy cross platform functionality and an in-game tournament mode. Playdek already started with TS, I hope more games will follow. I am still eagerly waiting for the SW tournament mode.

2 Likes

Looks like the Mage and Vampire titles ended up being interactive fiction games, ALA Lifeline. Bleh.

Released today, hopefully that’s not the case with Onirim.

1 Like

I might have a punt on the mage game if feedback is average or better.

Im curious how they would adapt the tabletop rpgs magic mechanics to computer game form, given how much they relied on imagination and interpretation of what was possible or not.

Well, its short, Ive got no idea if there are different endings to play for, and the menus are oddly unresponsive for a game that shouldnt challenge the hardware (ipad4).

The only saving graces were my nostalgia for mage, and for the fact Ive lived in the city the book is set in. If it wasnt for these two coincidences then I would be most perplexed with my purchase

Warlock of Firetop Mountain is out for iOS universal and it. Is. Fantastic. In every sense of the word. Could definitely be a contender for game the year, IMHO.

$4.99 for four characters and $6.99 unlocks an additional 11. Haven’t fired it up on my iPad yet but it plays great, if albeit a little small, on my iPhone 6.

Can’t recommend this enough if you’re a fan of the genre.

The Warlock of Firetop Mountain by Tin Man Games

2 Likes

Looks like Dungeon rushers landed a day early on iOS and Android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miclos.dungeonrushers

2 Likes

Any first impressions of this? Is it a roguelike?

Reminds me to finally to do away with Out There and Out There Chronicles for real and beat them already :slight_smile:

Ugh, I’m godawful at Out There. I’ve never completed it - think the furthest I’ve gotten is discovering that the different endings exist. It still lives on my idevices to perhaps get finished… one day.

It’s more along the lines of a standard party style turn based combat, closer to Knights of Pen and Paper than a Roguelike. Haven’t had more than 30 minutes with it so far (the first couple dungeons) but I’m digging it.

Keep us posted - I’d be interested to hear how it holds up. And please tell me the humor isn’t in line with KoPP - that got old quickly.

The reviews I read of the PC version called the game repetitive and said it got old quickly, so I’d also be interested in seeing some feedback from people here before I pay up.

Forgot it had been released on Steam. Those reviews are… unkind. Unflattering. Making me think twice about parting with the cash, despite my love for Out There. Think I’ll await feedback here too, especially considering I bought (translated: added to the backlog) three games yesterday.

Yeah, I don’t think it’s a game BY Mi-Clos, it think they’re just helping port it to mobile. It feels like a good mobile game so far, so I think those reviews are more indicative of the PC master race not liking grindy games or it was just a bad fit for the platform.