Stately Citizen Journalism

It was via kickstarter. It’s on Android, iOS and Steam but you need to go through their late backer pledge manager now.

I mean no disrespect, but is that a Kickstarter for a beta? I admit I’ve got a pretty dim view of how Kickstarter puts the risk on consumers instead of developers, but having a digital product as a kick starter seems like a pre order in sheep’s clothing, and seems like a further step in the wrong direction

1 Like

They did the same with Star Realms Digital and that worked out pretty well. It was much more of a preorder than a we have absolutely nothing so far, please give us money campaign.

Only ran for 7 days, the beta opened up the week afterwards once all the money and survery responses pushed through kickstarter’s pipeline.

The late backer pledge is for people that didn’t jump in on that first weeklong window and want in on the closed beta. Turnaround is like 48 hrs or so for getting your key.

Wise Wizard is probably one of the last developers I would suspect of doing something shady.

Auroch to be acquired by checks notes Tencent.

Ewwww, that can’t be good.

1 Like

I don’t want to be the Debbie Downer but this looks an awful lot like a ODD re-skin. That’s not necessarily a bad thing if you like the original but I’m also not reading about any significant changes to the design. I could be wrong, of course.

1 Like

Seems like theres a couple mashups of some mechanics from ODD and Tiny Epic Galaxies from what I’ve watched of the gameplay video so far, which is kinda what I was hoping for.

womp womp trombone noise

But even if it is just a reskin with a couple changes, I think I’m still interested as I’m way more into sci-fi than fantasy as a theme.

Ah, I didn’t watch the video so I was going just based on the quick overview.

I can’t say I’m more into either sci fi or fantasy but I do know that my game collection is heavily tilted to fantasy. This one is making me consider giving ODD to my brother and getting the new version.

Yeah, I got rid of my ODD physical set when the app came out as I quite enjoyed Handleabra’s port. If they picked this one up and released it two years down the road I’d likely do the same but I still enjoyed playing the physical version, just like the convenience of having the rules managed for me and portability.

Acram Digital is going to be releasing Concordia sometime soon (some of you may be in the beta).

Looking forward to trying it out with the press code I just received.

5 Likes

I really like Handleabra’s port of ODD. Now how long do I have to wait for this in digital form?

Just joined an online room in Concordia with @SpiceTheCat. I hope you weren’t saving that space for somebody else.

If so, I can withdraw or something.

1 Like

BrettspielWelt has released the flip and write game Explorers on iOS. I know nothing about the game but as far as the app goes, I can imagine it is pretty bare bones with so/so presentation, a broken login system, and probably pretty addicting score-chasing.

3 Likes

Looks like that’s landed on android as well.

You so called it! I love how the game didn’t recognize the email I’d already registered for the Clever series of games but did block me from using the previous user name associated with that “unknown” email address, stating it had already been used.

As far as I know, they never fixed my leaderboard issues with Friday, anybody else ever get their scores tracking, or even the ability to see the global scores in that one?

1 Like

I have all 3 Clever games, Friday, and Cartographers. At this point none but Cartographers recognize my e-mail but also say my name is already taken so I either need to make dummy accounts or I have no score tracking. Their system is simply broken. But the games are still fun.

Northgard is getting multiplayer support on September 29th according to an email I just got; no indication if it’s sync vs async.

Isnt it an RTS? How would Asynch work? I own the game because i thought it looked pretty good but I haven’t given it much time yet. I think it might be the next one I dig a little deeper into, though.

In a similar boat, I picked it up because I wanted an RTS that was more focused on turtleing and someone suggested, but never gave it much time. I should pick it back up again.

2 Likes