Stately Citizen Journalism

Seems like a digital version of Quacks of Quedinburg is coming!

4 Likes

Maybe Iā€™m reading too much into it - maybe all theyā€™ve done so far is an app icon mock-up - but something about that Tweet makes the game sound like it is coming sooner rather than later (or never, in the case of Asmodeeā€¦).

1 Like

Apparently they teased they were doing it a while back, so Iā€™d imagine this is closer to being done than not.

Lockā€™s Quest just released on iOS and Android. It was originally a Nintendo DS game but has shown up on other systems since then. It is a mix of tower defense and action RPG and I remember having a good time with it back when I played.

Steam sale on Asmodee boardgames this weekend. Some decent discounts on some decent games here.

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/asmodee/

1 Like

Dire Wolf Digital have announced a Steam Early Access release for Yellow & Yangtze next week. No mention of mobile but Eternal & Raiders are on both Steam & mobile so some hope is reasonable.

I love Tigris & Euphrates but have never played Yellow & Yangtze. Do you know ā€¦ is it really a better game?

1 Like

I tend to get more excited for a board game based on the developer these days than the actual game. Dire Wolf made a great app with Raiders and Iā€™ll likely buy whatever the release next just because I have an expectation as to the quality. They just need to add a notification sound - what a bizarre thing to keep out of the app.

1 Like

Aeonā€™s End by Handelabra is out now on iOS for iPad and android tablet.

5 Likes

Just to add to that, itā€™s exactly what you would expect from Handelabra. iPad-only (for now?) and $10, though on sale at the moment for $9.

Bad North is (finally) releasing for iOS on October 15th, according to TA; up for preorder now at $4.99. I played the demo on Switch and had some fun with it, although I did feel that itā€™d get more playtime on my phone than on the Switch.

eta: looks like itā€™s universal on iOS, and also releasing for Android users on that same date. No idea if itā€™s for Android phones and tablets or just one, because Apple.

5 Likes

Oh nice, Iā€™ve had my eye on this for ages. I should try the demo on Switch!

I saw on reddit that Coffee Roaster has been out for a bit on iOS and Android.

Havenā€™t picked it up yet, but I also didnā€™t see it land on Google Play until today.

This is newsworthy! Asmodee actually updated an app! Just in time for the coming winter, Asmodee removed the 10-month-old winter theme from Splendor. I presume they have also fixed the game so that the Spiel Des Jahres-nominated game is finally actually playable for the first time in almost a year, but Iā€™m out and about and canā€™t check it right now. Please read this post with as much sarcasm as I posted itā€¦

Iā€™m not on good emotional terms with Asmodee.

7 Likes

Wholly wow. I was not expected that update. Nearly a year of being totally unplayable on X devices all the while still remaining for sale on the AppStore. That was atrocious. But stillā€¦good on them for updating, I guess.

Really wish this had the original art. This new edition lacks the character that appealed to me with the original Saashi & Saashi edition. Iā€™ll likely be buying the app regardless as itā€™s a great game so I can play on the go and play with the art I like at home.

To which game are you referring?

Coffee Roaster, which is a great solo game. The DLP Games edition (which is the art they are using for the western release) opts for a more ā€œrealisticā€ art style which is dull to me compared to the more colourful original Saashi & Saashi art.

1 Like

I remember Armajet getting some praise around here. It has officially released as of today. Iā€™m going to try it out on iOS.

2 Likes

For any who may be into tabletop RPGs, Tales from the Loop is free on DriveThruRPG today.

1 Like