Stately Citizen Journalism

So can anyone confirm if there are or are not notifications on iOS devices? I have some friends I’d love to gift the game to but it will be a non starter if we aren’t getting turn notifications.

Just wanted to add that I didn’t want to derail the thread or trash talk Terraforming Mars.
It was just something I had brawling in me since months and months but it’s a more general things that this game in specific.

Actually, besides potential async issues (which I’m super glad if they are all squashed out), the game is really good for both people already familiar with the game and people just looking for a good boardgame with STRONG scifi vibes.
The general presentation is really AAA level, and it oozes ‘Mars exploration’ vibes all over the place.

1 Like

Trust me, you’re not the only one who has gone off on Asmodee lately…

But on the topic of detailing the thread, perhaps we need a new Terraforming Mars thread for future discussion.

Terraforming Mars thread -> Review: Terraforming Mars

That was done by Days of Wonder way before Asmodee gobbled them up, I think.

1 Like

there have been heavy problems with async for Small World 2 too (introduced by an asmodee update. it had been perfect before)
matchmaking was shaky and only the player performing the last move could see the final scoring ceremony and standings.
but i think they got it fixed. so Small World 2 is a banner for hope.

Potion Explosion async play is ok.
but bad news for TtR! in our running 5-player game on the France map @Zebracadabra was just kicked from the game with still 3 days on his timer clock. he was running strong and is totally disappointed.
this bug is known since 2017 (see whovian’s comment) but obviously still not fixed.
so we did the right thing to kick TtR from the Decathlon.

Roll for the Galaxy beta sign-ups are out!

I requested Steam. Let’s see if I get in.

4 Likes

Went for Android. The physical copy on the shelf next to my computer desk is giving me some serious side eye.

iOS request here!

Yellow & Yangtze to be released on “Steam, phone & tablet” next week.

So says a Dire Wolf marketing email … and they are to be trusted.

2 Likes

Yes! I’ve been waiting for a new game to buy for some friends and force them to play. Not that I don’t love TTA, but when you play 50 games in a row you need to throw another game into the rotation every once in a while.

There is a new game coming in the Pathfinder: Kingmaker series. It isn’t a sequel; rather, it is a new story based on the Wrath of the Righteous adventure path. Now, I haven’t had a computer outside of some busted old laptop that struggled with Starcraft, but I’m going to be building a new rig soon, so I’m going to check out Kingmaker, and likely the new games as well. I’ve heard good things.

Weird.

I didn’t get that email

Good news though!

Pax Unplugged is packed. And it is way too warm in here.

1 Like

Yellow & Yangtze is out on iOS. $10. I’ll download tonight.

I posted about it but for some reason Discourse is broken and posts aren’t making there way to the forums. Still working on it, but even the tech guy at Discourse has kind of given up…

Anybody download Y&Y? How does it play?

I want to support Dire Wolf, but I’m not sure Y&Y is my type of game (I really sucked hard at Tigris & Euphrates).

I have the same concerns, but I’m hoping that if I can get my friends into Y&Y it will grow on us. I’m hoping that the more modernized look helps a bit. No offense to Codito because I think they did great work early on iOS, but they aren’t quite up to modern standards.

1 Like

I have to say I’ve also been waiting for a quality board game that I can buy for myself and gift to my two friends. I was hoping Terraforming Mars would be that game but I’m just a little hesitant with some of the quality of life issues and the fact that if you step back and look at it, the game is somewhat similar to Througj the Ages, which we play constantly. Y&Y is different enough that is might be a good addition to the rotation.

Dragon Castle has also released. It is a digital port of the tabletop game and I know nothing about it except that it has a Mahjong aesthetic. The app claims asynchronous multiplayer, which is great. The timing on this one isn’t, though, as it costs $6 and is competing against other new releases like Terraforming Mars and Yellow & Yangtze. Definitely on my wish list, though.

1 Like