SP Ascension Quaran-Tournament master thread

Thanks Jane but I haven’t been able to get to it regularly enough, and I was aware I was holding everyone else up. Sorry about that.

Yeah, in general, players should post here if there’s any issues. It’s pretty common to have at least one match get messed up, often due to time-zone problems. We can usually work something out.

That said — we’re moving on.

The preliminary matches are closed; everything below this post is for the second stage — (TV announcer voice) The Eliminations!

1 Like

General instructions for this round

1. You have been placed onto a bracket based on your preliminary matches. So just find your bracket and meet up with your first opponent.

(And, yes, I was hoping for more 2-0 or 0-2 finishes, but I’m letting the chips fall where they did. So we have two smaller brackets and one pretty big one).

1. All matches are a modified best 2-of-3 games (keep reading).

2. Player A and Player B should each send one invite to the other, again using no more than two sets (and no promos).

If one player wins both games, it’s over — that player advances.

If the players split the two games, then a third game will be played using only Chronicle of the Godslayer (the base set). This will help expedite things, as either player can send the invite (along with ensuring that the invites remain even).

1. Most of us will be eliminated here, but eight players will move on to the Grand Finals. See your specific bracket for details on who survives and who slinks home in shame.
1 Like

First bracket:

The bracket above is for the four players who went 2-0 in the preliminaries. Here’s additional details (add these to the general instructions above):

1. Three of the four will advance to the Grand Finals; one will be eliminated.

2. Thus, you will need to play the third-place match (you’ll see it on the bracket).

3. And, yes, play out the championship, too. Seeding still very much matters for the Grand Finals.

1 Like

Second bracket:

The bracket above is for the four players who went 0-2 in the preliminaries. Here’s additional details (add these to the general instructions above):

1. One of the four will advance to the Grand Finals; three will be eliminated.

1. Thus, you will not play the third-place match; once you’re out, you’re out.

2. Say hello to JHTaube, who is elbowing aside the useless Gary Bot and joining the fray (and is technically seeded last, although that’s more of a formality).

Third bracket:

1 Like

The bracket above is for the massive group of players who went 1-1 in the preliminaries. Here’s additional details (add these to the general instructions above):

1. Four of the 12 will advance to the Grand Finals; everyone else is eliminated.

1. We still need to play the third-place match, as seeding counts for a lot in the Grand Finals.

2. And, yes, play out the championship, too (same reason).

+++++
+++++

For the record, the seedings for this bracket were mostly randomized; here were the exceptions:

1. I placed myself last.

2. I gave the four byes to one player from each of the four original groups.

3. I made some minor tweaks to ensure that the matchups, whenever possible, did not involve two players from the same groups.

1 Like

Okay, let’s get some tags going. The following matches can begin immediately (remember, two games to start, then a vanilla game to follow, if necessary):

@Feygor vs. @Baelnor
@KYakerDude vs. @js619
@SpiceTheCat vs. @JHTaube
@Shadowfax vs. @cgareth
@JaneHatke vs. @geigerm
@irishdomer08 vs. @TheDukester
@jason1002 vs. @Mysterio
@Private_Prinny vs. @Hardco

Invite sent to @KYakerDude

Invite sent to @Baelnor
(Hope you are Baelnor @ Asmodee, I am Feygor70 for the record.)

Sorry Feygor, I am Belg69 I think!

Hey @cgareth, I just sent you a game invite. Feel free to send the other game invite back when ready.

We’re at the wooden spoon end so may the best player truly prove their lamentable skill. :rofl:

No worries.

cough PrivatePENGUIN reporting for duty! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My alter ego Private_Prinny is sending his regards and wanted to ask: 7 Day timer again, yes?

(Match invite sent @Hardco)

Who wins a split like this one? Does this count for me? I never had this result.
GG and really a close one.

Whoever went second wins; there are no ties (technically) in Ascension.

Game 1. Close one. GG.

@TheDukester went big on in-game points and I tried to buy big point cards when possible, hoping it would be enough to offset the in-game deficit. Game 2 invite out.

^^ Fake news!