SP Ascension Quaran-Tournament master thread

Okay, here we go. We’ll use this thread for all results and informational posts; the sign-up thread can be considered closed.

We begin with a preliminary stage. Everyone will be playing two games in what is more-or-less a seeding process for the main stage, which is where the heavy hitting will begin.

No one can be eliminated in this phase, but going 2-0 will be way preferable to 0-2.

Ready … begin!

1 Like

Bat Virus Group

@Cgareth
@Hardco
@johnl
@KYakerDude
@JaneHatke

1. You will invite the person above you to a single game; you will await an invite from the person below you.
  2. The top-listed person invites the bottom.
  3. Set timer for seven days … although most games should not take nearly that long.
  4. Invites can be made with either one or two card sets. For players without most of the many sets, arrangements should be made via DM here.
  5. If worse comes to absolute worst, just play vanilla CotG.
  6. Promos are not allowed.
  7. Report your results here. When we’re done, everyone will be either 2-0, 1-1, or 0-2. Then we’ll move on.

Zombie Plague Group

@Mirefox
@SpiceTheCat
@Feygor
@irishdomer08
@Jason1002

1. You will invite the person above you to a single game; you will await an invite from the person below you.
  3. Set timer for seven days … although most games should not take nearly that long.
  4. Invites can be made with either one or two card sets. For players without most of the many sets, arrangements should be made via DM here.
  7. Report your results here. When we’re done, everyone will be either 2-0, 1-1, or 0-2. Then we’ll move on.

Social Distancing Group

@Mysterio
@Private_Prinny
@TheDukester
@whovian223
@geigerm

1 Like

Hospital Ship Group

@Shadowfax
@Baelnor
Gary Bot
@JS619
@robthomasson

1 Like

And what is Gary Bot, you might ask?

Well, it’s me. Except, as a bot, I will always select either the card on the far left or the far right, if at all possible.

If you lose to Gary Bot, you will be shamed.

3 Likes

I’m LivinItUp.

1 Like

Oh crap. I got Gary Bot in my group. I may as well bow out now.

I would love for “Gary Bot” to accidentally become a great new strategy for playing Ascension.

1 Like

Ugh. I misspelled “tournament.”

And I’m just prideful enough to ask @Neumannium if he’ll do a quick fix for me … ?

I do believe @js619 has already discovered the best way to keep Gary Bot down. I won’t give it away … but pour out a 40 for the poor bot. He’s doomed.

2 Likes

@SpiceTheCat, what’s your name in Ascension? I would like to invite you.

I am Belg69 on asmodee/play deck

Sorry!

I am going to get beaten by GaryBot and never be able to come here again…

1 Like

It’s true. If you lose to Gary Bot, your site credentials get yanked.

1 Like

I’ll get on this in about 12 hours (I’m not on furlough :frowning:)

Zombie Plague Group

@Mirefox over @SpiceTheCat

Good game!

1 Like

Good game! I was getting extended-combo envy towards the end :slightly_smiling_face:

Hardco toyed with me. Hats off to you!

Jason1002 over @Mirefox . good game . I was able to kill a lot in the middle.