Redwall! I mean, Everdell!

Be aware that the game does seem to demand a little dexterous precision. You need to hover your worker over the spot you want to place him and be sure you’re right where you want to be because to the best of my knowledge there is no undo button. I guess it’s a bit like Raiders in that way.

I’ll be ready in a few days. Yes, I’m slow. But I’m cute and Squirrely.

I’m more or less ready :grinning:

Also a little eyesight!

On my turn last night, I wanted a Resin and saw the two locations, one that looked like a Resin and one card and another that looked like a Resin and two cards.

Turns out the 2-card spot I chose was actually a VP and 2 cards…oops!

Yeah, it’s a little cramped on phones but this is the nature of board games in your pocket.

A couple of weeks ago I played Lost Ruins of Arnak. That’s a worker placement/deck builder hybrid that only lasts 5 rounds. In the first round you blow through your actions so quickly that it seems impossibly that you’ll have much to do later in the game (not true). Everdell is a bit like that, too. I really didn’t want to move to spring but there’s really not much you can do beyond a couple actions in the first season.

I am playing on an iPad Pro and the game looks great.

1 Like

I really want to buy an iPad Pro…. For “work”

Created a 4 player game, password sp. All welcome.

1 Like

This game is a good example of how digital games and the way they present information mess with my brain. When I play at the table I have a sense of what I’m holding, what’s available, and what I want to accomplish. Digitally, I’m not processing any of that at all and find myself just playing what I have available to play. I have not real explaination.

That’s not a knock against the adaptation; for the most part, it is excellent.

2 Likes

I think we need one more for the game @JMH.75 setup.

Ouch. I had completely forgotten the hand limit rule and I’ve missed out on drawing many cards this game. I knew there was a gas limit but I just assumed that you had to discard down to it; only now am I realizing you can’t draw past your limit…

1 Like

Yeah, it can really change some decisions based on how many cards you have. The Spirecrest expansion has a couple ways to increase your hand size. As much as I love Everdell, the game really shines best with the Spirecrest expansion.

Something I have noticed with the app. When I go into a game, it shows me what Whovian’s last move was, but does not tell me what Mirefox’s was. I wonder if that is a bug.

Also, sometimes my turtle is not visible on the log.

Yes, I’ve noticed that as well.

I just took my turn in another 3-player game and it showed me what both players did.

Maybe it’s intermittent?

1 Like

@Mirefox and @whovian223 GG! It’s a good app, there are some minor bugs they need to work out, but I am quite pleased.

@Codington do we still have an open game spot in the Decathlon this year? Because I nominate Everdell.

2 Likes

Good game!

Good game. I spent way too much of that game with tunnel vision, focusing on accomplishing small things that really didn’t matter.

Will check it out after some summer time off grid. We will be voting on the last two games of the Decathlon soon!

Anyone up for another?

1 Like