Redwall! I mean, Everdell!

I’m going to invite now. Sorry, @JMH.75 but we already had four (one from off this forum). If you want arrange another game, I’m sure we can find 4 players.

Couldn’t invite. Their server was down. Codington will invite.

@js619 is it your turn in our Everdell game? When I logged into the app just now it tells me it is my turn, then when I go into the game, it tells me it is your turn.

Also, @Mirefox what do you mean is stately play dead?

It was my turn. Which I inadvertently took by trying to swipe the screen….

1 Like

I used to get to our forums through statelyplay.com, which seems to be completely down. As the front page really doesn’t matter at this point, it’s no big deal. However, I didn’t have the forums bookmarked on my phone, just my iPad.

All good now.

Oh, interesting. I have not been to the homepage in forever myself. I keep this forum up as a permanant tab.

I’m an inefficient luddite. Lesson learned.

@kennfusion

FYI - our game has started. It’s your turn.

1 Like

Ok, so rather than continue to dump on Everdell in the Decathlon Preparation thread, I’ll do it here where it belongs… :stuck_out_tongue: I am seriously completely shocked and dismayed that ONLY THE FINAL PLAYER GETS TO SEE THE FINAL SCORES?!?

Seriously, all players being able to see the end game state is “table stakes” IMO in async games.

More importantly, having to rely on someone remembering to capture the final scores disqualifies this game for tournament/Decathlon play for me. Technically, I suppose there’s an easy work around but there’s also a very real risk of playing for a month and having no result to show for it.

I expect better of Dire Wolf!

@kennfusion - have you not experienced this issue or maybe found a way around it?

1 Like

Wait, what? I’ve seen the scores in all of my games but I haven’t really paid attention to whether I was the last to play. Say it ain’t so!

Ok, so that is a new bug since the last patch. I have found some minor bugs and reported them and someone has responded. I will bug report that. But I just logged in and one of my games is missing, and I am guessing that is the one that ended.

1 Like

Here’s a screenshot of the game that I just went last in.

I have to say it’s also a little annoying that I can’t seem to account for all the points here. You can look at all the cards in any player’s city and see base points and any bonus points, but there are also some cards that give you immediate points and those points don’t seem to be listed anywhere.

I’ll try to stop complaining now. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Understand that it’s largely because I really want to play this game more!

Ok, so I got an alert that the results are in on that game, but then when I went into app, was told that the game no longer exists. I did send feedback last night on this.

This was not the case when the game launched, so they must have broke something.

Same

so absolutely the same ugly behavior like TfM does.
sending a notification that “one of your games has just ended” to show…
n o t h i n g .

this is like mockery.

The difference being that TfM has always been like that and will likely never be changed. And Asmodee has other games that do the same, like Game of Thrones.

Dire Wolf has had their share of bugs in their games but they usually work to squash them and their games tend to run well and all, including Everdell, up to now have shown scores.

Some companies lost all goodwill with me years ago; others I’ll give the benefit of the doubt until it is obvious they’ve gone off the rails. DWD is in the latter group.

2 Likes

true. it really took a long time and lots of updates and fixes but they never gave up on Roots.

btw we can be happy that asmodee has retreated from TfM!
Twin Sails a new hope?

Twin Sails is just a rebranding of Asmodee Digital. Their focus is going to apparently shift from digital board games to more traditional mobile arcade games.

:man_facepalming: holy moly! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

From Dire Wolf regarding end of game scoring:

Hey there,

Sorry you’ve run into that. We are aware of the issue and are currently working on a fix.

We appreciate your patience. If there is anything else we can do for you, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Regards,

The Dire Wolf Digital Team

2 Likes