Red Planet Blues: a Terraforming Mars tournament

Since TfM now apparently works, and the two new maps are out, it’s time for the first SP TfM tournament.

The format will depend on final numbers, but I intend to run it as a Swiss-ish tournament with at least 4 rounds, one for each map plus a competitors‘ choice round to replay the favourite map. We’ll play corporate era & prelude, no draft, at a civilised stately tempo to avoid overloading the decathlon participants.

It looks like only the game host needs the expansions.

Currently interested in going multiplanetary are;
@SpiceTheCat
@Mirefox
@OhBollox
@JMH.75
@Baelnor
@robthomasson
@whovian223
@Hardco
@js619
@Snotty128
@JammaTal
@JaneHatke
@Zebracadabra
@irishdomer08
@Caradog
@jason1002
@kennfusion
@HolstenKnight
@Schlotzky

Anyone else interested in the brave new corporate frontier? (Here tagging @js619, @JammaTal, @whovian223, @KYakerDude, @Snotty128 as known Martian tycoons from the „players wanted“ thread.)

Signups until Sunday, which also gives the current games some time to reach that moist temperate biosphere we all adore.

Edit: updated the participants list.

Have you tested out cross platform play? TM was recently free on epic, so if cross platform works then you might get more players, like me

It should be cross-platform, as it works fine between Steam/iOS/Android, though I can’t speak specifically to Epic.

And yeah, I’m in.

1 Like

On PC, it is also currently half off on GoG

I’m in of course

1 Like

I’ll play.

1 Like

racetfm

3 Likes

If it cross plays nicely, count me in. I’ve just downloaded it

1 Like

At least @js619 from the other thread has it on Steam and hasn’t mentioned any problems, so I think cross-platform is functional.

Good, 10 players so far. Another 2 would be ideal.

Certainly no cross-platform problems for the games I have had with players from Steam, iOS and Android. I “cannot imagine” that there would be any difference for players who bought the PC app from Epic or GoG. I take my turns on PC (Steam) or iOS as the mood, or convenience, takes me.

3 Likes

Haven’t used cross platform in a while, usually play on my iPad, but willing to give it a test if someone wants to shoot an invite.

eta works fine, can make my iOS moves on Steam without difficulty. DLC doesn’t carry over in terms of purchase, but does in terms of gameplay.

1 Like

I’ll play

1 Like

I WANT IN! Please?

1 Like

Let’s go for 16! 12 is a horrible number…:confused:

4 3P or 3 4P?

I’ll play

1 Like

Good good. Up to 14 which is an inconvenient (but workable) number. One or two more would be good :blush:

Eh, you can include me if it helps getting to a sensible number (assuming you don’t mind an absolute noob on one of the tables)

1 Like

Excellent. No better way to learn :wink:

Edit: as we have 15 now which is a nice league of 5 3P tables, I might leave it at that. If one more person joins by Sunday, we‘ll have 4x4P, otherwise I’ll do table allocations on Monday.

3 Likes