Red Planet Blues: a Terraforming Mars tournament

I will join in

1 Like

This is a far better response than I expected.

As we’re at 16 now, I’m going to provisionally close entries. If you’re not in and would like to join, post below and I’ll expand the list if we get 2, 4 or 5 extra people.

1 Like

If any more slots open, I apply :grinning:

3 Likes

I will join if still room

2 Likes

Cool! Welcome @kennfusion and @HolstenKnight. Both in.

I’ll play as well if any spots left.

1 Like

any confirmation that cross-platform games are possible?
can iOS players really add PC players to their friendslists for sending game invitations?

@js619 and @robthomasson confirmed upthread that cross-platform works. It looks like you can only add friends through the on-line account which seems to be platform-agnostic. It shooouuuullld work.

yes, must be the only way to add friends.

My belief …

• You can add friends through the app if they are online at the same time
  • You can add friends (buddies) at asmoconnect
1 Like

Tournament start

We have 19 players, which excellent. On thinking about it, I don’t want to leave anyone out, so I’ll tweak the structure a bit.

The tournament will be a 4-round Swiss tournament. We’ll play the original map in round 1, Elysium in round 2, Hellas in round 3, and have a vote for the map to be replayed in round 4.

We’ll have 5 three player tables and 1 four player table, which will be the bottom table in rounds 2-4. I will award 3 points for a win, 2 for second place (and for 3rd place on the 4P table), and 1 point for third place (fourth on the 4P table). 0 points for a DNF. Ties will be broken by aggregate VPs.

We will play ranked, corporate era, prelude with all options on, draft off, 30 days.

Notifications seem to work but as ever, please check in daily as a default. TfM does occasionally spontaneously log you out.

Final player is to screenshot and post the results screen.

There was an update a couple of weeks ago so please install before starting. If an update drops mid-game, let’s be cautious updating given Asmodee‘s notorious QA and TfM‘s occasional fragility.

You will need to add players as friends through your profile on Asmodee‘s site to start a game. From the iOS app, go to Profile and then Edit My Profile, which will take you there, or follow the link in @robthomasson‘s post. Feel free to confirm your profile name either in this thread or in PMs.

Enough housekeeping, let’s play.

Round 1: Original map

The first round tables are shown below, shuffled by random.org. The top person on each table should start the game. If you don’t have the Prelude expansion, anyone on the table who does have the expansion can start. Flag any problems in the thread.

Table A
@robthomasson
@JMH.75
@jason1002

Table B
@Zebracadabra
@Baelnor
@JaneHatke

Table C
@Mirefox
@irishdomer08
@SpiceTheCat

Table D
@Snotty128
@HolstenKnight
@whovian223

Table E
@Hardco
@Caradog
@js619

Table F
@Schlotzky
@JammaTal
@OhBollox
@kennfusion

3 Likes

@JMH.75 @jason1002

Game created …advise any problems and so foirth …

1 Like

@Baelnor
@JaneHatke

I do not have any of the expansions. One of you will need to start our table.

@Baelnor, @Zebracadabra, please confirm your profile names. I’m not having any luck with the obvious.

I already joined! I’ll check again, jic.

I don’t see the game now. Curious, I’m pretty sure I accepted.

Oh well, I’m still zebracadabra.

@Zebracadabra, you joined. I see the game and we are waiting for @Baelnor.

Just a friendly little reminder that in asynch games, only the last person to play will actually see the scores so be sure to take a screenshot and post it here.

Asmodee “knows” about this “issue” and is “working on it”… for about 2 years.

4 Likes

Heya! I am Belg69 on TFM, not Baelnor

:). If you swing be an invite I will accept it :slight_smile:

@HolstenKnight @whovian223 do either of you have prelude? I don’t. I think the person with prelude has to organise and start the game