Race for the Galaxy heading to mobile. This time, for real

Sorry for not responding sooner…vacation was a bitch.

My code: CXAKTIGG

1 Like

Be sure to update, everyone. The notifications make a huge difference.

The randoms I’m playing are all taking their turns more quickly now. That’s huge in a game like RftG.

2 Likes

Late to the Beta but my friend code is G2EUSVTT

User name Gleptoportus

Yeah, update hasn’t landed yet on Android it seems so I’m locked out of multiplayer until then.

I’m not seeing notifications, either by way of banners or bubbles… this and the next turn button were my most anticipated features.

devs sent me the invite to the wrong branch on android. going to lose all my friends and won’t be able to take turns in any of my current games.

Now back in on the beta build, and new friend code W34STBJJ (sorry)

they’re working for me, but my game with @TheDukester is still moving at a glacial pace because I started it on my iPad and games don’t appear to sync between phone and tablet. I’m just not by my iPad as much. If I would have known, I would have started it on my phone instead.

I saw a banner notification pop up while I was playing something else, but I’m not seeing the red bubbles, and I only get notifications if I’m actually doing something on the iPad - they don’t show up on the lockscreen for whatever reason.

I don’t think different devices sync yet, period–I asked the devs about this on their feedback page. I’ve got a different friend code on my phone than the one I have on my iPad, so I only play multiplayer games on the iPad. They’re hoping to add that feature at a later date.

So this will be an issue for the app when it releases too?

Good to know. Most of the time, I game on my iPad, but some (Star Realms, for example), I’ll do on both.

I’m getting banners, sounds, and lock-screen alerts, FWIW. But no badges, even though the Notifications Center says I should be seeing them.

1 Like

Testflight is telling me a new version just came out, so we’ll see what happens when I update later

Anyone ever pulled off a takeover?

I’m pretty sure I get how the rule works, but I can’t figure out how to do it in the app. In this game I just finished, I’m almost sure I was eligible for a takeover, but there was no indication of what I should be pressing or doing. :neutral_face:

LOL. Never mind, Within 15 minutes of typing that, I not only saw how to do a takeover, but had the AI steal two planets in the same game.

It’s still a super-clunky rule, but I see now how the app is doing it.

What now? Is that an expansion?

So, this just happened:

2 Likes

I guess I don’t know the game well enough to know what the issue is. Want to explain?

It’s not an “issue” per se. I just bought the app yesterday and have been enjoying it. In this particular game, I had those 4 cards out in the first few turns (the one on the far left was my starting planet). That is a massive economic engine capable of producing a minimum of 6vp and 3 cards every 2nd turn (by producing 3 blue goods on one turn and consuming with 2x bonus the next), which was pretty crazy for how early in the game it was.

I see.

It’s funny, if I am playing the game, I know how my engines work, probably because I had to put the thought in to building them; show me a tableau someone else made and I don’t see how it works nearly as easily.

Not trying to give too many spoilers if you are new to the game, but my understanding was that produce-consume was one of the top tier strategies of the base deck. The balance does change when you add more decks into the mix.

That being said an early produce-consume novelty engine can get up and running quickly, quick enough to run away with the game. It really is a race when you’ve got a good game with a well matched opponent.