Race for the Galaxy 1 on 1 Galactic Master Challenge

The reign of the goats is over! Cracking game @SleepingGiant - I love how there seems to be so many different viable strategies in this game. I’ve not seen either of the things we tried in that game before…

GG @feederofgoats! Close one all the way to 47-43.

Next up: @kennfusion

For some reason when I copy and paste, all the glyphs get changed into the same one. Is anyone else experiencing that? I’ll update the whole list when we sort out that snag…

GG @kennfusion, I got some happy synergies and rolled up 75-24.

Copy and pasting the list still not working for me…

@JammaTal up next.

1 Like

Ouch, that was brutal. I was never able to get anything going on my side.

GG @JammaTal, a late round Hail Mary led to a 65-57 come from behind win.

Up next: @irishdomer08

2 Likes

GG @irishdomer08! 75-59. We ended up with 10 prestige each, I’ve never seen that before.

Next up: @JMH.75

1 Like

GG @JMH.75! I seemed to be losing until I got the planet buster. I was looking forward to busting a lot of planets but ended up being able to just go out 41-35.

Next @Hardco

Alrighty, better throw in. Can you add me to the rotation please?

Will do!

I’m still having the issue that when I copy and paste into a reply or quote all the glyphs get changed to the same one. @Neumannium @rinelk are you seeing that? Maybe a setting got changed with the big winter reinstall brouhaha?

If it’s only affecting me I will suck it up and retype the whole standings…

reigning champion SleepingGiant
:rocket: :sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::game_die::sunrise_over_mountains:

next up: Hardco :hatching_chick:

Snotty128 :four_leaf_clover:
jason1002 :game_die:
js619 :police_car:
Zebracadabra :bee:
Pitta :atom:
KYakerDude :surfing_man:
feederofgoats :goat:
kennfusion :8ball:
JammaTal :aries:
Irishdomer08 :race_car:
JMH.75 :smirk_cat:
Baelnor ?

no, it wasn’t only you, @SleepingGiant.
i had the same problem when i tried to re-establish our “hall of glyphs”.
anywhere down the road it must have gotten corrupted. had to go a long way back to find an intact post which could be copied correctly.
then i updated the champion’s line and the waiting line.

@Baelnor, you can choose and add a glyph symbol now.

OH OH, i just tried to copy & paste my own re-constructed hall of glyphs, and the error came up again.
same result with “quote”.
so we seem definitely busted.

too many glyphs in one post? is there a cap?
but i have even cut back the champion’s line from 15 to a dirty dozen.
and we never had a problem before.
a total cap for a thread?

[edit] it works when “quoting” only the champion’s line and then pieces of 3 challengers each. more work to do :frowning_face:

[next edit] now it worked in two pieces: champion’s line and then the whole block of challengers :+1:

1 Like

Big thanks to @JammaTal for figuring out the workaround of copying each section separately.

I added back a couple of my glyphs because my understanding is that wins don’t knock off the winner’s own glyphs from the end, tell me if that is incorrect.

:rocket: :sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::goat::goat::goat::goat::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains:

next up: Hardco :hatching_chick:

Snotty128 :four_leaf_clover:
Baelnor ?

@SleepingGiant, i have not removed your icons when it was your reign, but only during feederofgoat’s long rule over the galaxy.
so i think you must re-delete those two :confused:

:bank:

Nah, I still had three icons left at the start of my current reign, so I think the latest is correct. Also apologies to all for slow play, I’m traveling this week.

While I still love the game, after Shards I never touched it again so my turns would be too slow to partecipate…so please feel free to remove me from the list for the time being.

@SleepingGiant, the confusion came up when i reduced the line from weird 14 back to the usual 12 glyphs. it was feederofgoat’s reign then, so the 2 last cut back icons were yours.
when we want to stay with a reconstructed line of 14 it must be:

:rocket: :sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::game_die::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains:

during your last 5 victories i have removed these icons from the line:
:game_die: :hatching_chick::smirk_cat::smirk_cat::aries:

but when we want to install a line of 15 (better than 14) it’s:
:rocket: :sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::game_die::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains:

definitely rocket science LOL

GG @Hardco. I had improved logistics and rebel alliance in my initial hand. It took me more than half the game to be able to play them but then they were an OP combo… 47-31.

@JammaTal I see, thanks for explaining! I didn’t even notice there were 14 icons, now we are back to 12, and with the latest win:

:rocket: :sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::sunrise_over_mountains:

Next up: @Snotty128 :four_leaf_clover:

Baelnor ?
Hardco :hatching_chick:

I thought I was in good shape, but I still haven’t learned how takeovers worked. When all my stuff started disappearing it was clearly over!

I think it’s time the sun set on this sunrise empire once and for all