Race for the Galaxy 1 on 1 Galactic Master Challenge

let me just add Baelnorโ€™s chosen icon :bank:

reigning champion SleepingGiant
:rocket: :sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::sunrise_over_mountains:

Next up: @Snotty128 :four_leaf_clover:

jason1002 :game_die:
js619 :police_car:
Zebracadabra :bee:
Pitta :atom:
KYakerDude :surfing_man:
feederofgoats :goat:
kennfusion :8ball:
JammaTal :aries:
Irishdomer08 :race_car:
JMH.75 :smirk_cat:
Baelnor :bank:
Hardco :hatching_chick:

GG @Snotty128! I had the feeling you could have won earlier if you just had one more planet, but I somehow managed to hold on 50-41.

:rocket: :sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::goat::goat::goat::goat::sunrise_over_mountains:

Next up: @jason1002 :game_die:

Snotty :four_leaf_clover:

GG dude! I would have had you on the penultimate turn if it werenโ€™t for your prestige search and subsequent takeover attempt. Either way I was losing a card from my tableau and not able to finish the game on my terms. Well played as always!

GG @jason1002 49-31.

:rocket: :sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::goat::goat::goat::sunrise_over_mountains:

Next up: @js619 :police_car:

After you got improved logistics I was relying on you to choose settle, but you didnโ€™t do it for several turns. So after a while we both chose it at the same time. I had to settle another Rare goods planet!

GG @js619! 57-31. You had a scary number of 6-pt developments building upโ€ฆ

:rocket: :sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::goat::goat::sunrise_over_mountains:

Next up: @Zebracadabra :bee:

Thanks, gg! Couldnโ€™t get the 6 pointers out there fast enough, and you had a crazy amount of points right at the start!

@SleepingGiant

I took the liberty of inviting you sans Takeovers. Iโ€™ve never played them and I have no experience with them. Iโ€™d be far more comfy w/o that option.

If this is not permitted, I have no problem with a forfeit.

• zebra

Itโ€™s all good, letโ€™s proceed with your invite!

go Alan go! itโ€™s up to you and Pitta to save the galaxy!

or dominating usurpator and premier league champion SleepingGiant will walk away with the challenge trophy as well and close down the thread/galaxy for bad :scream:

admitted though that winning the double would be a stunning achievement :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Sorry to see you timeout @Zebracadabraโ€ฆ I think the result was still fairly certain since I would have been able to play a massive 12-pt alien tech development and 8 pt alien planet to get the prestige goal and go out that round with a score close to 80.

:rocket: :sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::goat::sunrise_over_mountains:

Next up: @Pitta :atom:

This is our most desperate hour. Help us, Pitta-Wan Kenobi. Youโ€™re our only hope.

1 Like

HUH? How much time was allotted? I was on at least once every day.

Yes, the outcome wasnโ€™t in doubt, even with the 34 point final move I was planning. Lol.

The outcome was certain by about turn four. Gg, giant!

I think you rejected my 4 week timer because of takeovers and invited me with a 1 week timer. I try to always invite 4 weeks just in case, I should have said something thenโ€ฆanyway, gg, I just had so many cards that worked well together and with the goals, which is unusual.

If so, dumb on my part but no matter, this was decidedly a romp by turn 5. So, even my 34 play on the next turn would have been in vain. Kidding, of course!

Sorry guys, i just noticed the call but between life, Shards and tons of other things I canโ€™t play RftG anymore (been a while, thatโ€™s why I asked some weeks ago to be removed).
Feel free to remove me from the list and good luck against Sleeping Giant domination!!!

Pitta-Wan Kenobi left our noble cause, so the burden of the epic ultimate fight vs Darth Giant Maul
is on the shoulders of Qui-Gon Kyaker Jinn now.
may the Force be with him!

1 Like

Great game @SleepingGiant!

Ugh. Realized at the end I could have won by seizing the bottom 6 point goal and getting different points on my development cards. Iโ€™m really rusty. And recovering from surgery (at least that is my excuse today).

Looks like you are the reigning Galactic Master for Race for the Galaxy!

At one point we were playing both of Temple Pointsโ€™s games. And you won both :frowning:

Great game @KYakerDude 46-41! And what a nail-biter of a finish. I realized just in time that with your Rebel Alliance from the penultimate turn you could start taking over my worlds, which would have crumbled my empire quickly, but luckily I had Rebel Pact and the chance to play it in defense which blocked that from happeningโ€ฆ

Galactic overlord: SleepingGiant
:rocket: :sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains:

โ€œHe wept, for there were no worlds left to conquer.โ€

3 Likes

wow! congratulations! :bowing_man: