Race for the Galaxy 1 on 1 Galactic Master Challenge

I did not even realize we had a fully emoji library on here. I will go with :8ball:

also, does the icon have any significance other than just extra flair on the list?

identifying the winners in the Honor Roll (of the last 12 title matches) :wink:
and: by completing a perfect line of 12 the player would take home the trophy and close down the thread.
it happened for the Cthulhu Realms challenge, when @HolstenKnight achieved the dirty dozen.

:rocket: :aries::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick:

you can see it was about time to break Giant’s Dominance :smile:
i think Snotty’s (evil) Clover Empire was once one win (or two wins?) short of establishing the Ultimate Reign of New Order.

sometimes i wish i could see the complete list of winners since the begining of this thread. would be very interesting. maybe one day i’ll take on the challenge to do it :crazy_face:

I’d love to see that whole list! Sounds like a fun weekend activity @JammaTal! :wink:

do you play with the expansions? do I need them? I just have the base set right now

yes, all expansions in use.
but only the player who is setting up the game needs to own them.

All pieces did click together for me, @JammaTal could not do anything against that. Final score 48-25

:rocket::smirk_cat: :aries::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::hatching_chick::hatching_chick:

Next up @irishdomer08 :race_car:

Hardco :hatching_chick:
jason1002 :game_die:
Snotty128 :four_leaf_clover:
feederofgoats :goat:
js619 :police_car:
Zebracadabra :bee:
Pitta :atom:
KYakerDude :surfing_man:
Sleeping Giant :sunrise_over_mountains:
kennfusion :8ball:
JammaTal :aries:

I got bored/inspired enough to do it. I probably made some mistakes, but I tried to account for people changing their icons and the rule about not pushing your own icon off the list with a win.

The bottom right is the oldest game and top left is the most recent.

:rocket:

:smirk_cat::aries::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::atom::atom::goat::goat::goat::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::smirk_cat::smirk_cat::surfer::surfer::bee::bee::atom::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :hatching_chick: :hatching_chick: :hatching_chick: :hatching_chick: :hatching_chick: :hatching_chick::race_car::sunrise_over_mountains::goat: :aries::aries::aries::aries::aries::aries::atom::game_die::hatching_chick::race_car::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :aries: :aries: :game_die: :hatching_chick: :race_car: :race_car: :sunrise_over_mountains: :surfer::surfer::surfer: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :sunrise_over_mountains: :oncoming_police_car: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee::game_die::hatching_chick: :smirk_cat::race_car: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover::surfer::atom::aries::aries::aries::aries::aries::smirk_cat::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::baseball::baseball::four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover::black_joker::game_die::game_die::game_die::game_die::game_die:::aries::aries::aries::aries::aries::aries::skull::chicken::game_die::hatching_chick::oncoming_police_car::oncoming_police_car::surfer::surfer:

Feel free to edit any errors…

amazeballs! thanks! this thread is historical.

Well played @irishdomer08! Again I was quite lucky :slight_smile: Final score 50-34.

:rocket::smirk_cat::smirk_cat::aries::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::hatching_chick::hatching_chick:

Next up @Hardco :hatching_chick:

Irishdomer08 :race_car:

@JMH.75, it seems like this game has bugged out. I just played Gateway Station this turn (it’s even in the game log), but it isn’t in play, and is showing as being in my scavenged cards for Galactic Scavengers. Am I missing something?

@Hardco It indeed seems bugged. Shall we terminate this game and start a new one?

That would be best… I assume it is a bug with Galactic Scavengers.

hardco (33) over @JMH.75 (17)
Good game JMH.75, our empires ended up being close, but I made off with all of the bonuses. I still feel like the starting world with +1 military, +2 trade is overpowered…

:rocket::hatching_chick::smirk_cat::smirk_cat::aries::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::four_leaf_clover::hatching_chick::hatching_chick:
Next up @jason1002 :game_die:

JMH.75 :smirk_cat:

Ok, I will use the starting world with +1 military and +2 trade in our game, @Hardco

I think Hardcos overpowered, so that should balance it out a bit

jason1002 (47) over @hardco (45)

Very close game. Hardco got more of the 5 and 3 pt bonuses. I had 5 military and did some produce/consume at the end. Neither of us were into Developments – Hardco just “Settled” the whole time.

:rocket::game_die::hatching_chick::smirk_cat::smirk_cat::aries::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::four_leaf_clover::hatching_chick:
Next up @Snotty128 :four_leaf_clover:

jason1002 (54) over @Snotty128 (32)

I went all military. I felt bad because I was drawing awesome cards.

:rocket::game_die::game_die: :hatching_chick::smirk_cat::smirk_cat::aries::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::four_leaf_clover:
Next up @feederofgoats :goat:

GG! I couldn’t get anything going there, even with stalling the end of the game for a turn to draw a handful of cards. The writing was on the wall pretty early in that game :slight_smile:

feederofgoats over jason1002 (apologies but I lost the score and don’t know how to recover it)

gg jason - I got very lucky with the cards I kept pulling for the consume/produce cycle…

:rocket::goat::game_die::game_die: :hatching_chick::smirk_cat::smirk_cat::aries::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains:
Next up @js619 :police_car:

69 to 40. Good game. It was ended by the VP pool emptying instead of the usual way.