Race for the Galaxy 1 on 1 Galactic Master Challenge

@SleepingGiant

I gave up early on. Dreadful draws and giant moved out to a sizable lead that I will never be able to compete with.

Grats and GG!

I was sad to see the forfeit, it seemed like an interesting game and I didnā€™t feel as sure as you did about the outcome. Iā€™d be up for a friendly match if you ever want.

:rocket::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::atom:

Next up @Pitta :atom:

Kyakerdude :surfer:
JammaTal :aries:
JMH.75 :smirk_cat:
irishdomer08 :race_car:
Hardco :hatching_chick:
jason1002 :game_die:
Snotty128 :four_leaf_clover:
feederofgoats :goat:
js619 :police_car:
Zebracadabra :bee:

Heh. Trust me! I would have needed another two turns to begin implementing a weak strategy anyway.

Iā€™m really okay with it. Weā€™re headed south in a few days and I have so much to wrap up here.

Iā€™ll take you up on the friendly once weā€™re settled in FL. Yes, itā€™s official. Weā€™re Snowbirds! :sunglasses:

Congrats on being a snowbird! Iā€™m on planet Hoth right now and the forecast looks like weather is steadily getting colder.

@Pitta is it just me or was there a weird bug during the last server upgrade? I think your actions were double planets and my second planet got deletedā€¦

My gateway station got deleted, not sure how to continueā€¦ itā€™s weird the log still shows as if I played itā€¦

Iā€™m wondering what a fair way to handle this would beā€¦ we still seem pretty even, would continuing the current game and best 2 out of 3 be fair?

Ruling from the Grand Poobah:
In the case of an server problem that effects the game, play one new game. The previous one is void for the Challenge. (But you can continue to play it if you want.) This should keep the challenge moving.

Sorry for being late, super busy these days and just read.
We can do as you wish, really.
I noticed yesterday a weird thingā€¦it said it was my turn and I just entered the game but it immediately told me it was your turn. (So basically I entered and exit). I think a planet was automatically played (it wasnā€™t the right one but I couldnā€™t tap anywhere).
TBH I thought I just pressed something wrong, didnā€™t even thought about a server glitchā€¦it was some hours I couldnā€™t log in now that you mention it.

Anywayā€¦do as you wish really, maybe we can start a new game and delete this one.
If you like them, we can play with takeovers as well.

Cool, letā€™s follow Grand Poobah @KYakerDudeā€™s rule and start a new game.

Itā€™s a shame, I thought this was a really, really interesting start and I might have just gotten an edge with that blue windfall world that would have given me the discard goal and a leg up on the blue/brown world goal.

So, letā€™s follow the rule of law and start a new one for the official purposes of this contest.

@Pitta Iā€™m ok with either takeovers or not, do you have a preference? And would you like to continue our current game as a friendly match? It still seems fairly even from my side and super intriguing on both sides. And maybe we will find more bugsā€¦

We can happily continue our current game as a friendly match and start a new one as aā€¦friendly challenge match :slight_smile:

Personally I much prefer takeovers because I much prefer direct exchange with the opponent in cards games, but itā€™s ok with either choice really.

Sorry for being a bit slow taking turns these daysā€¦life is creamy these weeks!

Cool, cool! No need to feel bad about playing at a stately pace. I like the 28 day timer :smile:

I literally donā€™t know how to use the good thatā€™s now on Space Marines in our old buggy game :joy:

GG @Pitta! I got really lucky. That development that gives bonus for chromosome worlds and then getting 4 chromosome worlds and lucky synergy on goals for a total of 91 points.

:rocket::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick:

Next up @KYakerDude :surfer:

JammaTal :aries:
Pitta :atom:

GG!!!
Couldnā€™t get anything worthy!!!

GG @KYakerDude ! 48-44. I barely finished my tableau while you exhausted the VP chips on the final round. My initial hand was almost all alien cards, which was one of the goals, but they were all so expensive I had to spend most of the game just affording them.

:rocket::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick:

Next up @JammaTal :aries:

KYakerDude :surfing_man:

a remarkable high-scoring heavy military (18 military power for Gentle Giant) GG came to a 64-44 finish.

:rocket: :aries::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick:

Next up @JMH.75 :smirk_cat:

KYakerDude :surfing_man:
Sleeping Giant :sunrise_over_mountains:
kennfusion :8ball:

GG @JammaTal ! I couldnā€™t find a rebel takeover card in the whole deck, although that still probably wouldnā€™t have been enough for me to win even if I managed to take over your 8 point rebel council.

Happy to play any friendly matches if anyone wants to invite me while I wait for the sun to rise again over the mountainsā€¦

ohhh, this is a ladder? add me please!

and accepting all challenges to practice.

i have gladly added you, Kenn. what icon will you choose?

i had found takeover cards :wink:
if you had taken a military world away from me, prolonging the game for one more turn, i could have countered with another 15-point-development (Prospecting Guild) then in the new last turn.

1 Like