Race for the Galaxy 1 on 1 Galactic Master Challenge

Am I gone from the list?

Btw…did you notice the ‘new 2nd edition coming’ banner when you launch RftG ?
I’m not familiar with the changes…anyone can shed any light on that?

yeah, let me send a corrected list:

:rocket::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::atom::atom::goat::goat::goat::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::smirk_cat::smirk_cat:
Next up @JMH.75

JMH.75 :smirk_cat:
irishdomer08 :race_car:
Snotty128 :four_leaf_clover:
jason1002 :game_die:
Sleeping Giant :sunrise_over_mountains:
Feederofgoats :goat:
js619 :police_car:
Zebracadabra :bee:
Pitta :atom:
Kyakerdude :surfer:
JammaTal :aries:

1 Like

changes for some rules’ wording.
and 5 cards will be changed.

esp Merchant Guild will be severely upgraded.

1 Like

I’m always going to mess up the list at some point! Especially if I try to do it on mobile…

hardco over @JMH.75
47-43

I went heavy military, and about halfway through the game I found myself with a full hand of cards,10 military strength on the board, and a reasonable lead. But I couldn’t draw into any big Rebel worlds, or a decent 6-development! I barely kept my lead at the end with a large alien production world cleaning out my hand. Good game!

:rocket::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::atom::atom::goat::goat::goat::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::smirk_cat:

Next up @irishdomer08

All the time the military power of Hardco was looming. Luckily he didn’t get a take-over card. :grinning: Good game.

hardco over @irishdomer08 sadly by timeout.

I’m not a fan of the timeouts on Race, but in the interest of proceeding, I’ll take it. There was only one turn left, and I was pretty sure I had things wrapped up.

:rocket::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::atom::atom::goat::goat::goat::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

Next up @Snotty128

GG Hardco. 40-36 to me at the end. Both tableaus finished with 2 rounds of consume actions to end the game. I snagged the most consume cards goal and used prestige consume to sneak the win.

:rocket::four_leaf_clover::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::atom::atom::goat::goat::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

Next up @jason1002

Hardco :hatching_chick:

I’ve only played with the latest expansion in this challenge, so I spent like 10 minutes after the game trying to figure out how you got 15 VP on the last turn! Eventually, I read the rules and was reminded of the extra actions with prestige… I’m pretty sure I’ve never done any of those before. Good game!

You only get one prestige action per game, so it makes that first prestige point very valuable. I threw down alien burial site just to get that point. If you tap and hold the action tabs on the left it shows you what bonus they can get if you add a prestige point to the action

I just kept drawing high cost developments the whole game. Hardly any production planets. I used prestige action at end on Development. I lost unfortunately

GG Jace. That was quite a tight game up until the final turn. I ended up scoring something like 27 points that turn, so that’s why the score was so unflattering. From a point of view of the game telling a story, I think your faction will come to regret disturbing that alien burial site! Out popped an alien guardian into my tableau to wreak its vengeance.

The green machine marches on

:rocket::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::atom::atom::goat::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

Next up @SleepingGiant

Great game @Snotty128! To me it felt like an ugly slugfest, in the sense that we both didn’t have the cards we wanted, so we had to make do with the cards we had. We were tied on score until the very last card was played, so I guess I had the luck of the draw. But, it was also a beautiful duel, I honestly can’t remember the last time I managed a win against your clover empire.

:rocket::sunrise_over_mountains::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::atom::atom::goat::four_leaf_clover:
Next up @feederofgoats :goat:

Great game @feederofgoats

It was really close until the final turn, like within a point or so, but then I pulled all the cards out of my sleeves, 94-62, quite a high scoring affair!

@js619 I probably shouldn’t trash talk, but you better bring your 95 point game if you want to win!

:rocket::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::atom::atom::goat:
Next up @js619 :police_car:

feederofgoats :goat:

1 Like

Well played sir… That was an absolutely ridiculous score. I went through a rollercoaster on that game - despair, then thinking I was almost certainly going to win, followed by just smiling at the screen on that last turn as you slapped down a 30 point play. Still not completely sure how you did it, but in my limited plays of this game I’ve never seen an engine build that much momentum!

Great game @js619

I squeaked out a quick 37-25 win. I think you had the better economy, more possible goals, and possible takeover threat, so I just tried to sprint for the finish before your superior engine destroyed me.

:rocket::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::atom::atom:
Next up @Zebracadabra :bee:

feederofgoats :goat:

Can’t get Race online. Weds eve 11pm est.

Ok, I can finally get online. If you need to play with Takeovers, feel free to pass me by. Never played ‘em. Not a problem if it’s a forfeit then.

No worries, I just sent a new invite without takeovers. They rarely come into play anyway and not I’m sure if I like them since it pushes everyone towards more military rather than trade, etc.

No invite. Can you use this code? WCHF36TT

Thanks!