Race for the Galaxy 1 on 1 Galactic Master Challenge

When the list is updated, please list me as:
KYakerDude :surfer:

1 Like

GG @irishdomer08. Things were looking pretty good until I scored a shocking 31 points in the last 2 turns.

:rocket: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :sunrise_over_mountains: :oncoming_police_car: :bee::bee::bee: :bee::game_die::hatching_chick: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover:

Next challenger : JMH.75 :smirk_cat:

Challenger list:

Hardco :hatching_chick:
jason1002 :game_die:
Jammatal :aries:
Pitta :atom:
Kyakerdude :surfer:
Zebracadabra :bee:
JS619 :oncoming_police_car:
SleepingGiant :sunrise_over_mountains:
Irishdomer08 :race_car:

Invite sent to @JMH.75

GG @JMH.75 I think thatā€™s the first time I can remember such a tight race for the diversity and production worlds goals.

:rocket: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :sunrise_over_mountains: :oncoming_police_car: :bee::bee::bee: :bee::game_die::four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover:

Next challenger : Hardco :hatching_chick:

Challenger list:

Jason1002 :game_die:
JMH.75 :smirk_cat:

Invite sent to @Hardco

GG @Hardco! A very tight game with an excellent race at the end. Both players got a free card when settling a world, and both players had improved logistics. 8 worlds were played on the last turn!

:rocket: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :sunrise_over_mountains: :oncoming_police_car: :bee::bee::bee: :bee::four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover:

Next challenger : Jason1002 :game_die:

Challenger list:

Invite sent to @jason1002

Good game! I had what would have normally been a great start, but it just didnā€™t mesh with the objectives. When the time came to go for the 6-development objective, the only one I had was going to be pretty terrible, so I just didnā€™t play it. You having the terraforming one was that much worse!

GG Jason1002. I had a fist full of 6 cost developments with the galactic federation to make it all happen. I ended up with 5 6 cost developments worth 41 points, which was almost enough to win the game on its own.

:rocket: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :sunrise_over_mountains: :oncoming_police_car: :bee::bee::bee: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover:

Next challenger : Jammatal :aries:

Challenger list:

Invite sent to @JammaTal

1 Like

GG @JammaTal! You really made me sweat towards the end when you grabbed both 5+ point goals. I donā€™t think produce/consume is nearly as strong with the expansion, but thatā€™s what my hand dictated. I didnā€™t get a good consume card until my very final hand! Iā€™m lucky to have survived this one

:rocket: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :sunrise_over_mountains: :oncoming_police_car: :bee::bee::four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover:

Next challenger Pitta :atom:

Challenger list:

Invite sent to @Pitta

1 Like

yeah, that was a special game. i could have tried to install a 12-trade engine in the end, but wasnā€™t sure about it. when i wanted to have the best of both worlds (trade and dev/goal points) i came in one card short because i had overlooked a duplicate (which i couldnā€™t play then).
glad to hear that the update will do something about ā€œduplicate card treatmentā€ whatever, maybe better mark or identification?
grats on your win, Snotty!
you are so close to winning the Galactic Master trophy as never anyone had been before! amazing!

one part of me will root for you now, but the other part will hope that someone might stop you, so that the thread will go on.

ā€œgo Snotty go!ā€
ā€œsomeone plz stop Galactic Snotty!ā€

2 Likes

GG @Pitta! That was a very very tight game. I took a huge gamble playing the mining league as early as I did, as I had to empty my hand to play it and hope for the best. I ended up scoring maybe 3/4 of my points through that card. Jammatal did his best to jynx my winning run :wink: and you very nearly took me out.

:rocket: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :sunrise_over_mountains: :oncoming_police_car: :bee::four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover:

Next challenger: Kyakerdude :surfer:

Challenger list:

Invite sent to @KYakerDude

GG @Snotty128 !!!
I miscalculated last turn points, I really didnā€™t see the last goal points.
Great game, super tight!

Great game @Snotty128. I had a lucky set of military cards that I could play without needing to draw additional cards. Then 2-six point developments came my way that I could work with. They generated a huge 23 points. You seemed to be drawing a lot of cards, Iā€™m guessing you just didnā€™t have what you needed in your had. Still, in your last turn you added a bunch of points.

:rocket: :surfer: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :sunrise_over_mountains: :oncoming_police_car: :bee::four_leaf_clover:

Next challenger: Zebracadabra :bee:

Challenger list:

Snotty128 :four_leaf_clover:

Invite sent to @Zebracadabra

GG Kyakerdude! Iā€™ve finally been dethroned. I was struggling early to get any kind of trade engine. I thought I could dominate by playing the new galactic order, but they were met with drop ships from an alien battleship. Thatā€™s when I knew I was in trouble! Youā€™re right that I was going nuts drawing cards at the end but I wasnā€™t drawing anything that could help

Nice game @Zebracadabra. I managed to get a produce and consume VP engine going. You finished off the game before I could earn the last of the goods VPs.

:rocket: :surfer: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :sunrise_over_mountains: :oncoming_police_car: :bee::four_leaf_clover:

Next challenger: JS619 :oncoming_police_car:

Challenger list:

Invite sent to @js619

Yup, gg, @KYakerDude!

Is anyone else having problems with online play?

has been shaky for some days. seems like back to normal now.

hello KYaker, you forgot to add one more icon, right? :wink:

should be:

:rocket: :surfer::surfer: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :sunrise_over_mountains: :oncoming_police_car: :bee:

Next challenger: JS619 :oncoming_police_car:

Challenger list:

1 Like

Oops! Thanks.

my pleasure :upside_down_face:

Great game @js619! You ended with a row of alien cards including the alien tech. I got all the bonuses except the alien one and had three 6-development cards to overcome you by just 17 points. Great comeback, you would have won if I didnā€™t have about 19 points in my last two cards.

Challenger list:

:rocket: :surfer::surfer::surfer: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :sunrise_over_mountains: :oncoming_police_car:

Next challenger: SleepingGiant :sunrise_over_mountains:

Challenger list:

Invite sent to @SleepingGiant

1 Like

Thanks! I got lucky on the second to last draw and pulled the Alien 6 point development - I would have been sunk without it, as I didnā€™t see another 6 pointer the whole game. Havenā€™t seen the end of the game yet (no wifi yet at home yet) but gg! Solid points at the end there!