Race for the Galaxy 1 on 1 Galactic Master Challenge

@SleepingGiant, i have not removed your icons when it was your reign, but only during feederofgoat’s long rule over the galaxy.
so i think you must re-delete those two :confused:

:bank:

Nah, I still had three icons left at the start of my current reign, so I think the latest is correct. Also apologies to all for slow play, I’m traveling this week.

While I still love the game, after Shards I never touched it again so my turns would be too slow to partecipate…so please feel free to remove me from the list for the time being.

@SleepingGiant, the confusion came up when i reduced the line from weird 14 back to the usual 12 glyphs. it was feederofgoat’s reign then, so the 2 last cut back icons were yours.
when we want to stay with a reconstructed line of 14 it must be:

:rocket: :sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::game_die::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains:

during your last 5 victories i have removed these icons from the line:
:game_die: :hatching_chick::smirk_cat::smirk_cat::aries:

but when we want to install a line of 15 (better than 14) it’s:
:rocket: :sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::game_die::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains:

definitely rocket science LOL

GG @Hardco. I had improved logistics and rebel alliance in my initial hand. It took me more than half the game to be able to play them but then they were an OP combo… 47-31.

@JammaTal I see, thanks for explaining! I didn’t even notice there were 14 icons, now we are back to 12, and with the latest win:

reigning champion SleepingGiant
:rocket: :sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::sunrise_over_mountains:

Next up: @Snotty128 :four_leaf_clover:

jason1002 :game_die:
js619 :police_car:
Zebracadabra :bee:
Pitta :atom:
KYakerDude :surfing_man:
feederofgoats :goat:
kennfusion :8ball:
JammaTal :aries:
Irishdomer08 :race_car:
JMH.75 :smirk_cat:
Baelnor ?
Hardco :hatching_chick:

I thought I was in good shape, but I still haven’t learned how takeovers worked. When all my stuff started disappearing it was clearly over!

I think it’s time the sun set on this sunrise empire once and for all

let me just add Baelnor’s chosen icon :bank:

:rocket: :sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::sunrise_over_mountains:

Next up: @Snotty128 :four_leaf_clover:

Baelnor :bank:

GG @Snotty128! I had the feeling you could have won earlier if you just had one more planet, but I somehow managed to hold on 50-41.

:rocket: :sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::goat::goat::goat::goat::sunrise_over_mountains:

Next up: @jason1002 :game_die:

Snotty :four_leaf_clover:

GG dude! I would have had you on the penultimate turn if it weren’t for your prestige search and subsequent takeover attempt. Either way I was losing a card from my tableau and not able to finish the game on my terms. Well played as always!

GG @jason1002 49-31.

:rocket: :sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::goat::goat::goat::sunrise_over_mountains:

Next up: @js619 :police_car:

After you got improved logistics I was relying on you to choose settle, but you didn’t do it for several turns. So after a while we both chose it at the same time. I had to settle another Rare goods planet!

GG @js619! 57-31. You had a scary number of 6-pt developments building up…

:rocket: :sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::goat::goat::sunrise_over_mountains:

Next up: @Zebracadabra :bee:

Thanks, gg! Couldn’t get the 6 pointers out there fast enough, and you had a crazy amount of points right at the start!

@SleepingGiant

I took the liberty of inviting you sans Takeovers. I’ve never played them and I have no experience with them. I’d be far more comfy w/o that option.

If this is not permitted, I have no problem with a forfeit.

• zebra

It’s all good, let’s proceed with your invite!

go Alan go! it’s up to you and Pitta to save the galaxy!

or dominating usurpator and premier league champion SleepingGiant will walk away with the challenge trophy as well and close down the thread/galaxy for bad :scream:

admitted though that winning the double would be a stunning achievement :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Sorry to see you timeout @Zebracadabra… I think the result was still fairly certain since I would have been able to play a massive 12-pt alien tech development and 8 pt alien planet to get the prestige goal and go out that round with a score close to 80.

:rocket: :sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise_over_mountains::goat::sunrise_over_mountains:

Next up: @Pitta :atom:

This is our most desperate hour. Help us, Pitta-Wan Kenobi. You’re our only hope.

1 Like