Patchwork Tournament - Jan/18

I setup my first 3 games and am saving 3 for later.

@johnl, @JammaTal, and @Snotty128 have invites.

If you want to go slower just decline the invite and we’ll re-do later.

GL and HF

Is anyone else having problems with the online games? It seems I have to load and reload the running games before it lists the game I’m playing. When it finally does, it works fine.

I’ve always had problems with Digidiced’s products - I have to force close the app to get it to connect to the internet…

Started 2 games (@Hardco and @KYakerDude). Does it randomize start player?

It does if you check ‘Shuffle’ when starting the game

2 Likes

That’s what that means!

Good to know. I was always wondering about that.

Yeah, I actually rolled a six-sided die, it came up 3, and I shuffled 3 times.

edit: oh you mean shuffle in the game…got it. yeah.

sorry for the Patchwork confusion, @whovian223.
my invitation was a total mistake. we are not in the same preliminary group.
so just a friendly game :rolling_eyes:

Since the tournament hadn’t started yet, that’s what I assumed anyway. :slight_smile:

Need some practice!!!

1 Like

Att mgeiger9 , please except my friend request so i can set up challenge

Cheers
Ian

hardco (9) over @whovian223 (6)

I picked up most of the cheap pieces early, but whovian223 was constantly threatening a button economy advantage. My quilt ended up a bit of a mess, and it was looking like whovian223 was going to snag the 7x7 bonus on his last active turn. I guess he didn’t see it though (or I misread the board), and I eked out a narrow victory…

1 Like

Haven’t looked at the end game yet, but nice summary. I did make a mistake placing a piece early in the game that ended up leaving a one-square hole, but luckily I then got the piece to fill it.

I admit I’m very new to this game and so could have easily missed how I would get the 7x7.

I didn’t see anything that would do that. :slight_smile:

Great game!

Do you remember the score?

I think it was 9-6 or something like that.

I was going to post it on Challonge.

Yes, it was 9-6.

Hardco (24) over @geigerm (19)

Interesting game… Partway though, I misclicked and dropped the 1/2 S piece in the middle of my quilt. I focused on maintaining economic parity and picking up the cheap pieces, and got the win despite geigerm taking the 7x7. Look at this work of art!

1 Like

Great game! I’m usually able to win with the advantage in earning power and the 7x7 piece, but you played that game very well.

GG @irishdomer08. I felt everything came up just the way I was hoping it would in that game, 23-2

@jason1002 over @whovian223 26-7

I just couldn’t get anything going and only finishing the 7x7 on the last turn put me in the positives.

Jason just ran all over me. Good game!

1 Like

JaneHatke (3) over @kennfusion (-4)
Neither of us captured the 7 x 7
Good game!

1 Like

JS619 over @johnl, 14-2. He grabbed the 7x7 bonus, but I think having 5 less blank patches saved me.