Neuroshima Hex players wanted

but that’s really crazy, ain’t it?

It is definitely crazy. And doesn’t make much sense either.

maybe a weird kind of “account activation”? by starting a game :man_shrugging:
Portal has never done an async game before. i guess they are still struggling.

but it’s not really a bad start. some room for improvements though.
let’s hope they can do it.

1 Like

I am Jason1002 on Neuroshima Hex and would accept an invite

Hello @jason1002,
for starting/activating your account you must create a game and invite a player.
before doing so you won’t be able to see invites by other players.

1 Like

wow! the maiden voyage with the N(ew)Hex sailing yacht “Relaunch” just ended in the fireworks of the final battle.

my random opponent held on to a comfy 18:15 lead when the final battle unfolded.
can you read the outcome?
i would like to post the recorded video, but: “Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, heic, heif)”.
so a screenshot must do.
4 hits and total boardcontrol.

i luv NHex. a card game with a playing board, a bit puzzle, a bit like (battle) chess, a unique blend of excellence.

didn’t even notice the missing notifications much. i was always eager to look into the game and there were always turns waiting for me. we played the game in two days.

1 Like

searching through the Portal games in the appstore i found this.
so they installed push notifications for Convoy (if not for every turn, but only for the game start? that would be weird :face_with_raised_eyebrow:) and i’m confident…well, let’s say hoping they will go for the full notifications+badges package for NH.

Timers must be pretty solid because I think it’s been at least a couple days for me? Notifications please?

Anyway, all my games still there and I took my turns.

Sorry, guys

I just rebought the app (long ago I had an USA account I don’t use anymore and for some reason I can’t recover).
Seems good so far, besides I must learn how to play again because I suck badly.

The only two problems I see is lack of notifications (which is weird because the app does ask to activate notifications on the device, maybe their server just doesn’t work right now) and, most important unless I’m dumb…I can’t see what a unit does nor magnify it.
It’s a problem because having to go to army description is chore, seems a glaring omission.
I know tiles aren’t that many but for someone that didn’t play the game in years it’s a problem (both my tiles and opponent tiles) would be handy to have for first games.

Game is great tough, implementation seems solid.

EDIT:must say the app is really well done. I really appreciate it loads and log in almost INSTANTLY. With actual notifications, could be close to perfection.

1 Like

If you press and hold on the tile it brings up a description

LOL, I’m dumb.
Thanks my friend (invited you, of course).

1 Like

that’s good news :grin:
@whovian223, i could notify you for your turns.
let me check how to open a channel/thread on SP’s Discord for that.
we do it for CIV6 and it’s quite comfy.

1 Like

yeah, the instant load & log in is a big plus.

the replays are much better now. much easier to check what goes on in big battles. animations for active support modules and for healing action of medics.
and esp the shown damage markers are extremely helpful.

Not sure if I read to much into it, but I asked directly Portal Games on Twitter about notifications and I was told ‘no notifications were sent YET’.
So maybe they are still setting up the servers?

Hopefully yes….the more I play the game, the more I love it and appreciate the app.

1 Like

@JMH.75,
i remember when you said in the journalism thread “Never played the game, so easy prey :grinning: Open for games, username JMH.75”

but you played it “like a pro”. congratulations! those were two great fights. very enjoyable :clap:

JMH.75 [Borgo] vs JammaTal [Outpost] 14-18
JammaTal [Outpost] vs JMH.75 [Moloch] 14-19

can’t wait for league or tournament play as soon as we hopefully get notifications.

just as @Pitta said: “must say the app is really well done. With actual notifications, could be close to perfection.”

@JammaTal thx

thx to @Neumannium and Vigabool “we” (i guess the essential driving force was our appreciated member @js619!) could establish a NHex channel in the new “It’s your Turn” area on Stately Play’s Discord for notifying each other comfortably.

[EDIT] the new link is not limited to 7 days.

one step forward for starting a NHex league or for playing a tourney.

2 Likes

Anyone have any good strategy tips/sources for this game? I’ve tried to get into it several times and have been held back by the fact I just suck at it.

I wish I had something to offer more than the gif of the Dead Cells guy finding the Git Gud writing on the wall?

One of the best ways I found was just to keep playing random armies - it’s like Tash Kalar in that you kind of need to know what the other guy might play. It’s a little bit luck of the draw more than strategy too, I think? It’s a good mix of defense and offense, although each army plays a little differently.

They say some are easier to play than others (I forget which is which) but maybe start with that one?

Even when @whovian223 and I were playing the old version religiously I’d be willing to bet we were 50-50 or so.

1 Like

Play to the strengths of your army.

Oh, and play blue. Net attackers are stupid good.

1 Like