Legend of Solgard discussions and guild talk

The new scorcher cave event counts as a campaign quest win for the purposes of the daily chest. Seems like an easy, quick way to fulfil that requirement

1 Like

no problem at all, Duke.

i just hope we can get it done eventually.
i like this kind of metagame :joy:

discord channel? so i should install the discord app.
Slack, many iMessage channels, and now another one? uuhh…

All the cool kids are doing it

You’ll need a link to join the channel https://discord.gg/Wg8k4S

Yeah, they’re pretty good about letting any events like that (Treasure Hunts, Rainbows) count as campaign wins. Getting those 5 wins per day isn’t too bad, at least at this point for me.

i have joined the SP discord group and have allowed notifications.
so you can send me a discord message when you are online and ready to join.
when i’m online too, i will open up a free guild slot then.

questions

How do I grind gold? As I ran out quickly. I only have 5 characters and only have used the 4 originals and already ran out of gold, that seems off-balanced.

If I don’t like my Nightcast, is there a way to pick a new purple and try to grind for it?

The special offers like the $4.99 for the Celebrating Your Victory, you don’t actually get a Valkyrie, right? Just 6 stones? Which I assume is not even close to an actual Valk, so you are really just buying a chest and 550 gems? (and 6 Valk, that you might need some day?)

Buying rares? How would you upgrade them? So there is an offer ot buy enough Scorcher Stones to get one of the Wyrms. But most likely those Wyrms will be stuck at level 1 if you can’t level them during the event?

i would just ignore all those “special offers”. simply not enough BAMM for the buck. just like all those crazy insane offers in Gems of War.

the only acceptable deal may be that x3 value subscription for “180 diamonds now + 60 diamonds every day for 30 days (1980 in total)”.
as you can always transfer diamonds into missing gold when leveling up creatures it really helps to get started.

but overall Solgard is a slow game with constant small progress.
just a small but nice daily routine. no overengaging burnout. patience.
i like that concept. i have no need for another “play like mad” kind of GoW experience.

up to player level 11 you will unlock more and more content.
Dungeons, Underground, Hero Arena and (best of all) the Boss Arena.
esp to unlock heroic difficulty level is a breakthrough. you can farm creatures’ sun gems in “their” levels from then on.
very useful esp for commons. you can get 8-12 creature gems in each battle.

gold is always needed.
bounties can earn you the most (up to 1500 gold when beating all Greendale Goons and about 900 gold when beating a normal gang).
and each normal battle and free chests will bring you just a bit.

Nightcast: you should have some sun gems of Tusker by now?
he is a solid longterm investment. i would go for him as replacement.

Wyrms in Scorcher event: i’m really not overimpressed by those.
but as i got plenty of scorcher stones by playing the event i could not but “buy” those chaps. scorcher stones are good for nothing else or?

who knows? in the last special event i missed the creature by just some special stones/coins but was allowed to convert them into nearly 5000 gold when the event ended :flushed:
well, that made my day!
way better than one more “unlevelable” creature in my storage.

2 Likes

Thanks, this is really helpful and gives a lot of context. In most games, like I play a lot of Marvel Strike Force, knowing what to invest in early was somewhat obvious early, but you also had a lot of early options in that game.

Only having the 4 main starters and one additional yellow (the goat, which I have already deduced that I am better off long term investing in the elf) knowing what direction to think about progressing in would be nice.

1 Like

@kennfusion It also seemed to me that gold would be the limiting factor as I got going … but in the end I have had enough gold to do all the upgrades allowed by the Sun Gems & Dust that I have collected. But I have been doing all the available Treasure Trove & Treasure Gnome quests.

This “I’ve got enough gold” thing could change if/when I get Epic & Legendary creatures as the upgrade costs can be staggering I believe. But it does seem that there are ways to earn everything you need … eventually and in the fullness of time and all that.

My default team from some time earlyish has been Roughpaw, Elfling, Rock Gronch, Tusker. Sometimes Rotbite & Grimchop replace Elfling & Rock Gronch - usually when I want to control which columns get hit. Changes also occur (obviously) for the quests where there are restrictions on which types of creatures can be deployed.

3 Likes

If I read the event description right, the Scorcher Wyrms are cheaper to level up during the event, but we’ll still be able to level them after. You’ll be able to trade any extra Scorcher Stones for Sun Gems specific to those troops at the end of the event, and I assume those gems will drop at the same frequency as other rare troops.

I wish we could look at the troop description before buying. I did buy the Cinder Wyrm once I hit 60 stones–I’ve run into that troop a couple of times in the Hero Arena and got my butt handed to me.

I’ve come around on Tusker. With Tusker’s ability to buff neighbors making Roughpaw redundant, I’ve switched Mudscrape into my regular lineup (Mudscrape, Cracklehoof, Rock Gronch, Tusker). I don’t love any of the red troops I have, but that team’s been pretty effective.

I do appreciate the events that restrict troop type now that I have enough troops to play them all. Anything that forces me to bring a little variety to my teams makes the game more interesting.

2 Likes

@geigerm, playing Underground forces us to use all our troops sooner or later.
very interesting concept.

@kennfusion, i forgot to mention the Treasure Hunt event as valuable source for coins.
i can’t win them all though. very close and dramatic battles for most of the time. sometimes i squeeze out a win with only 1 or 2 HP left.
but always a basic amount of coins (would be 269 here), and up to 600 in case of a perfect win.

2 Likes

Mostly I just try to make 4 blocks when I play. Is that ok? Or am I supposed to be trying to make the special shapes mostly? I can almost never get those.

Also, I got that green Flame Wyrm and he combos nicely with the Nightcast, I like Nightcast better now.

You’re much better off trying for blocks of 4 (or just groups of 3) than trying to make shapes with 5 troops, IMO. I’ll take those when the opportunity presents itself, but I don’t go out of my way to get them.

Just reached level 12 tonight and unlocked Underworld—really cool so far.

2 Likes

for some units the BIG blocks are a better fit than for others.

especially good for Rock Gronch (throwing 4 boulders and good BIG bonus) and Valkyrie (4 extra arrows and good growth and BIG).

for Rotbite and Tusker i prefer instant 3-match attacks.
no overwhelming BIG bonuses and the one-turn delay without growth often results in being destroyed.

2 Likes

Just joined the guild, hope I didn’t take someone’s spot you were freeing up, haha. Just hit level 7 last night so it looks like the game has gotten its hooks in me.

Ah. I keep an eye out in case a spot opens. Otherwise I might use discord tomorrow to find a spot if you still have room left. Bedtime now.

Hello Tanner,
it was such a fine coincidence!

in our struggle to bring down the boss Lokvar i kicked two inactive players driven by hope to find two new active players instead.

i was so glad to see that you and Snotty joined.
and both of you bashed the boss right away for very good damage.

i guess we won’t get him down in the remaining time, but we tried our very best.

Hello Jules,
for Stately Players there will always be a slot :smirk:
which level are you? so that i can set the minimum level requirement to the right level.
i will connect to Discord tomorrow.

Level 7 at the moment. Re-installed discord, but the sp discord invitation has expired.

This one shouldn’t expire https://discord.gg/VzRwRvN

1 Like