Julian Gollop's latest gem is not XCOM and is out now: Chaos Reborn Adventures

@Pitta: I cannot tell the difference between your 2 accounts, I just saw 2 times an account Pitta and invited them both.

1 Like

I see.
Game started, tricky map!!! :wink:
I’m still learning so don’t worry, it will be a fast game.

I hope they will add sync and notifications pretty soon…wrote them but no answer (it’s the week end anyway).
People enjoying the game should do the same, in case they simply missed the feature.

Anyone here with the PC version? Do you actually log in with a proper username or is it still a guest account?

GG! @JMH.75 ! :stuck_out_tongue:
Feel free to invite me whenever you want, preferably on the iPhone account (you should see them differently now).
When we will be a bit more comfortable with the game, we should do a team battle!!!

Really hope they add native notifications (and device sync) because I’m loving the game.

First time playing chaos mode: I see now that it plays totally different than law. :flushed:

@Pitta The PC version uses a different system (back end) for multiplayer games from the iOS & Android implementations which use a bigbluebubble service that also hosts other games.

Like you I logged on to CR multiplayer on two devices so there are now two “robthomasson” wizards … with no way of knowing which is which. I guess the real identifier is the Guest Account support id behind the scenes.

At least one other bigbluebubble game (My Singing Monsters) has the ability to link devices so hopefully maybe who knows that will come to CR.

In the meantime I am going to accept friend requests on one device only. Looking forward to team games.

1 Like

I changed the names…Pittaipad and Pittaiphone till the dev will sort it out.
Nice to know they do what it’s supposed to be done with other games.

@robthomasson Sent you friend requests to both your account. Eager to start a game!!!

Damn, I want to get in on all this hot wizard action, but I’m not sure I want to spend $10 to see how well it runs on my old Moto X phone (don’t have any iOS 11 devices).

Edit: Although I guess I could always refund it within two hours if it doesn’t work (or absolutely kills my already feeble battery, which seems likely). Hmm…

@Kolbex
The game is awesome imho but beware. I’m not familiar with Android devices but playing on iPhone X is great only for async, duels and A.I. skirmishes because the campaign and the tutorial text is difficult to read on the small screen.
I’m now playing the campaign on iPad and async on iPhone.

Only 2 con of the game are as already said that it doesn’t sync devices using guest accounts and it doesn’t have notifications (I use twitter DMs for that).

Everything else is great imho.
It’s actually quite a looked, despite the ‘meh’ screenshots.

Started a 3 players versus game with @js619 and @JMH.75 lets see how it goes.
If we have enough people, we could do a team vs team battle.
Or with teams of 2 people a grand 3 teams battle Royale.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.

1 Like

What an epic game @JMH.75 !!!
Outstanding!!!
Never knew you could hide in the magical trees…and what move with the ice wall!!!
AWESOME!!!

@Pitta It was really tense! Still have to get used to the chaos mode, really plays different then law mode.

@JMH.75 Yeah chaos mode is really tense. It’s the original mode. Law mode as far as I know has been added later for a more traditional experience.

Between law and chaos modes, skirmishes, mupltiplayer and the grand solo campaign it’s like several different games in one app.

Law sucks, chaos is the only way to play.

2 Likes

Yeah personally I love Chaos mode.

@Pitta Ah, of course - change wizard name! So I changed my name on the device I won’t use to “robthomNotInUse” and accepted all friend invites on both my devices.

@JMH.75 I saw your invite, accepted it, was taken to the game summary screen … exited using left arrow at bottom left of the screen which said I would stay in the game … and now I can’t see it (or however many of my invites you accepted). I still have the number 5 by Custom. I can see async games (including Piitahone games) but none of ours. Do you see the game I accepted?

I am doing something fundamentally wrong … any guidance welcomed!

I thought I was the only one! I just peed a little typing this message.

@JMH.75 D’oh! All I had to do was tap on the number next to “Custom” … I had not twigged that was a separate action to tapping on the middle of the bar.

I started one of the games I had created and took my turn. I can see the game you created and that will (obviously) spring into life when you start it.

Yeah, pressing custom open a screen with all custom games created (you can join others ones too).
Pressing the circled number (not the best position) bring you to YOUR async games.

Gold means your turn.
Green means you can start the game, everyone has pressed ready.
Blue mean you are waiting for someone to accept.
Gray are past completed games (they are stored till end of current month).

You can replay whole games, turn by turn.

Said that, even with some part of the UI being clucnky, I played on both devices around 15 async games (and many more offline skirmishes against A.I.).
All chaos mode.

Yup…this game is awesome and I can see it becoming my fav async game.

If they update the game with device sync and native notifications…well…

@JMH.75 I started one of our other games-in-waiting - just ignore if not okay. I need that UI practice if nothing else. I have already managed the traditional … :scream: I did not mean to do that … moments in our first game.

Pity no in-game chat (that I have found) after you leave the game lobby as very useful during team games on the PC where you can choose to send messages to only your team. But maybe I miss something again.