Julian Gollop's latest gem is not XCOM and is out now: Chaos Reborn Adventures

@JMH.75 Yeah chaos mode is really tense. It’s the original mode. Law mode as far as I know has been added later for a more traditional experience.

Between law and chaos modes, skirmishes, mupltiplayer and the grand solo campaign it’s like several different games in one app.

Law sucks, chaos is the only way to play.

2 Likes

Yeah personally I love Chaos mode.

@Pitta Ah, of course - change wizard name! So I changed my name on the device I won’t use to “robthomNotInUse” and accepted all friend invites on both my devices.

@JMH.75 I saw your invite, accepted it, was taken to the game summary screen … exited using left arrow at bottom left of the screen which said I would stay in the game … and now I can’t see it (or however many of my invites you accepted). I still have the number 5 by Custom. I can see async games (including Piitahone games) but none of ours. Do you see the game I accepted?

I am doing something fundamentally wrong … any guidance welcomed!

I thought I was the only one! I just peed a little typing this message.

@JMH.75 D’oh! All I had to do was tap on the number next to “Custom” … I had not twigged that was a separate action to tapping on the middle of the bar.

I started one of the games I had created and took my turn. I can see the game you created and that will (obviously) spring into life when you start it.

Yeah, pressing custom open a screen with all custom games created (you can join others ones too).
Pressing the circled number (not the best position) bring you to YOUR async games.

Gold means your turn.
Green means you can start the game, everyone has pressed ready.
Blue mean you are waiting for someone to accept.
Gray are past completed games (they are stored till end of current month).

You can replay whole games, turn by turn.

Said that, even with some part of the UI being clucnky, I played on both devices around 15 async games (and many more offline skirmishes against A.I.).
All chaos mode.

Yup…this game is awesome and I can see it becoming my fav async game.

If they update the game with device sync and native notifications…well…

@JMH.75 I started one of our other games-in-waiting - just ignore if not okay. I need that UI practice if nothing else. I have already managed the traditional … :scream: I did not mean to do that … moments in our first game.

Pity no in-game chat (that I have found) after you leave the game lobby as very useful during team games on the PC where you can choose to send messages to only your team. But maybe I miss something again.

I want to apologize to everyone I’m playing with with the iPad account.
Yesterday all of a sudden without warning started an optic fiber upgrade at home…should have been 2 hours but of course I’m still without internet.

iPhone account is always on and with me…so feel free to invite me (Chaos mode preferably).

For notifications I use twitter DM (I’m Pitta_twit in case) but everything will do (even nothing…I have other async games going on anyway so I check the app multiple times per da…hour).

All the positive feedback convinced me to buy this … working my way through the tutorial now. Damn you people and your virtual arm twisting.

1 Like

The game continues to amaze me.
I almost played async/AI skirmishes only till I’ve been without internet at home since some days (sigh…sorry for not taking my turns).
So I continued the campaign…woah.
While the battles are the same as skirmishes, you recruit people, get gears and even conquer cities and mana flux buildings…all things that change the main quest and your strategic advantage.
I was able to ally with a Dragon’s den…so I had dragons in my deck and even a dragon companion. Awesome.
I’m now at the final battle (which is really hard).

1 Like

@JMH.75 Just to tell you I’m immensely enjoying our games!!!
Using RftG to notify turns as well :wink:

Me too, although I do not get the take over yet: somehow my take over did not work :frowning:

Sometimes takeovers are bound to certain constraints, and they don’t trigger.

Apologies all, had to reset my phone and lost all ongoing games. Now playing from my iPad entitled JS619iPad; friend requests sent.

It is a shame that such a cool game seems to get profiles and online just wrong enough that I really don’t care to bother.

1 Like

This. I’ve tweeted and emailed the devs with no luck so far…

Be honest. Is this the new “the dog ate my homework” excuse? :grin:

Haha, no! I was actually enjoying the 3p with @Pitta and @JMH.75 where they were engaged in close combat and I was sitting back, twirling my virtual mustache and waiting to clean up the pieces :smirk:

and what exactly is so terribly wrong with online?
ok, no device sync. what else?
i had no problem to establish a long friendslist, and online games seem to run good enough.