Gems of War News and Discussions

I was able to complete the troop that I was focusing on, now it’s on to learning about improving my Hero and Hero classes. I have not done anything since that big update with classes for the Hero, does anyone have a recommended guide that they’ve used? If not, I’ll just use Google to educate myself on the “new to me” Hero features. :slight_smile:

i would recommend to take a look at the traits of the hero classes.
many are nothing special. but some are great, like eg the traits of Archer, Deathknight, Assassin, Bard (for yellow teams) or Orbweaver.

and some hero classes can give you access to interesting unique weapons too, like eg Assassin’s Serpentine Dagger, Deathknight’s Crypt Keeper, Oracle’s Staff of Visions or Orbweaver’s Spider Totem.

1 Like

Nice! Do you have a recommendation on which one(s) to focus on first? I mainly just need them, at this time, for these new Boss Raids and Tower things.

i recommend the Archer. and i know that Rob has changed from Deathknight to Archer too.
but itm i’m using no hero in invasions. simple team of 2xSB (no mythic)/Fenrir/Forest Guardian does an excellent job. have only lost one battle.

but in next Boss Raid he will be back, with Mang in hand :smirk:

Man, I’ve got to remember to come out here more often! Some of this advice would have been so helpful when I was fighting the same battles.

Still picked up a few new ideas to explore, so thanks team!

1 Like

guild chat is down again (and again and again and again) for me.
so an ingame discussion is impossible.

i think TKK may be at a turning point.
i must admit that i’m starting to lose interest in the Boss Raid and Tower events.
i really liked it for some time. but not any longer. uninspiring and repetitive grindfests on the long run.

i personally would prefer a guild of Guild War veterans who like to play in Guild Wars but are ok to take a two-week’s break in between.

and i don’t think that steeper requirements can help to cure the inactivity of 50% of all members.
kennfusion once kicked them all, but our then mini-guild suffered from that action for a long time. because a 12-member guild is not attractive for new players to join.

i’m ok with turning down the job as guild master though.
or founding a new guild called “Guild Wars only”.

who would be interested to take over?
i think txtaz is engaged and would be a good leader.
but i can only warn to force up the requirements too much.
we simply have not the members who would be ready for that.
even active veterans may not be able to check 1000 seals, 100k gold, 50 trophies and all (boss and tower) raids.
regarding the raids i would pass on the long run. i played down all sigils for many weeks and know how long this can take.

generally i’m still upset by the dev’s decision to cut down the great guildwar feature for installing money grinder events for 2 of 3 weeks.

I’m with you in that I generally play Boss Raid/Tower events for a few days and stop as soon as I plateau, which can be very early if the right troops aren’t in play. I think I might have played the last tower event for two days only. Guild Wars are much, much more interesting to me.

I’d worry that we’ll lose some top-tier members if we become less active, but as long as I can play Guild Wars, I’ll be 100% active those weeks and contribute what I can during the others.

i have read through forum posts on gemsofwar.com and can confirm that many players think so.

many regrets about loss of playing time for guild wars.
many complaints about the “boring endless grind-for-nothing” in the events.

it’s ok for me to not kick players who are more or less inactive in events’ weeks.
only if they have stopped playing completely in guild war week too.

very active players may be uncomfortable with this, but as long as we can’t find more active players and have free guild slots it makes no difference anyway.

With you both … GoW has gained too much “pay to grind for rewards that help you to pay to grind”. Pets, Bounties, Towers, Bosses.

It is nice to have a break from Guild Wars but so much better if there was a good alternative activity. I could not meet the requirements of the top guilds … so many trophies, too many seals. I don’t want to abandon GoW completely and a relaxed keep in touch Guild would be fine by me.

2 Likes

with Krecorian and txtaz gone (and i guess txtaz’s friend snuggabull will follow him eventually) TKK is officially a low profile casual guild only now.

btw who wants to be the new guildmaster? i’m not motivated enough any longer.
i still like guild war, but don’t play much in the two other event weeks.
have played down all sigils for many weeks, but it has started to feel repetitive by now.

I’m not planning on leaving, Jamma. I won’t be playing as much because I have something else going on right now, but I can meet the minimums easily enough. Just like everyone else, I prefer GW to the other 2 events. And when they added the whole pet thing, it was just too much. I’m perfectly fine with casual guild, and for now prefer it.

that’s great to hear! so we will be a band of guild war veterans, playing low profile in between :grin:

don’t worry about checking minumum requirements.
you and other core veterans will never be demoted.

now as we are officially a casual guild, only totally inactive new recruits may be kicked after some time.
and only to keep the hope alive to find more active new members,

1 Like

If we’re a casual guild, do we really need an active guild master? Or is it a matter of having someone just periodically review the contributions of current members and kick those who’ve brought nothing to the table over several weeks?

that’s about it.
any guild veteran who wants to become guildmaster can contact support and ask them to make him guildmaster.
i have no idea why there is no ingame option for a guildmaster to transfer the job to someone else, like in other games?

i think i have done it long enough. kennfusion hadn’t asked me to take over when he contacted support for retiring.
i would have refused :rolling_eyes:

To be honest, my impression of the extra rewards for pushing past the point of enjoyment is they are not lucrative enough to justify either my participation or cause me to generate displeasure to those who don’t grind, either. Along with that, I’m happy that others who do want to pursue the upper tiers of what the game offers are able to move on to other guilds.

For myself, I enjoy a casual match-3 game, which probably indicates how easily I can be amused. I used to find that in “Gemmed!”, but then found “Gems of War” a better fit, which is good since “Gemmed!” was left behind in the advance of technology (64-bit I believe finally did it in). Anyway, “Gems of War” has advanced to becoming a complicated enterprise with multiple modes of play that can easily consume a substantial amount of time, which is not what I’m interested in, personally.

I’m for casual match-3 gaming. :sunglasses:

1 Like