so the Supernova Challenge stands at:

:high_brightness: :aries: :aries: :aries:

next title match:
:aries: Jamma
:hatching_chick: @Hardco
:beer: @Schlotzky
:game_die: @jason1002

next qualifier match:
:bank: @Baelnor (please set up the game)
@doublebullout
:smirk_cat: @JMH.75
@geigerm

waiting list:
:8ball: @kennfusion (will play in next qualifier)

settings: shuffle/ turn order by passing/ delay passive power charging/ faction auction :game_die:

Friend requests sent

How do you see the results of the auction? Does it show the winning bids anywhere? Also, while in the auction, is it possible to see the Faction Info screen? I could only get to the Faction Board screen. Finally, where does it indicate on each faction whether they start with any initial research?

These are all great questions that JammaTal will answer very soon I’m sure. I bid 5 for the Lantids, and 3 for the Hadsch Hallas. But I didn’t have to pay for getting the Lantids, probably because no one else bid on them. Schlotzky got the Taklons for 2, but I looked at the scoring board and couldn’t see that on there.

Oh, I see the highlighted column now, thanks. Schlotzky had to pay 2.

in the log:
“Auction results: Taklons: Schlotzky (2). Lantids: J4son1002 (0).
Hadsch Hallas: JammaTal (0), Itars: hard co (0)
JammaTal bid 9, 0, 6, 1 for Taklons, Lantids, HadschHallas, Itars.”

you can see whatever you want. the map, research board, scoring tiles and both info screens for all factions. shown in the following screenshots.

i will show in the following screenshots.

from this faction selector screen you can switch to the faction board.

you can switch back to the selector screen.
the yellow line shows the tech levels.
in the red square you can see the resources at start of the game and the actual income, eg 4 ore at start and 3 ore growth.
the circles show the power tokens at start.

all these values can be different for the factions.
eg only few factions start with a tech level.

btw it seems that the “show the wrong faction at first try” bug has been fixed?
when i wanted to see the Lantids the screen showed the Terrans only for a very short blink
but then switched to Lantids.

a little more service.
a bit clearer image of the 3rd Final’s scoreboard with explanations included.

you can get a little more explicit wordings when tapping on the symbols in the ingame scoring screen.

I had actually missed that the log was actually the log, because you have to hit the “Show Log” button from the log screen…

During the auction I could get to the Faction Board, but there didn’t seem to be a way to get to the Faction Info screen, I recognize that all the info is on the Faction Board, but I prefer it in paragraph form!

it’s because the written log is just one part of the log screen/ in the log department.
you can change the view and go up and down the timeline in many screens:
reseach board, faction boards, map etc.

what “faction info screen” do you mean?
not even in the original boardgame rulebook something like this can be found.
in fact you must collect all infos about a faction from the faction board when setting up a game on the table. the faction board is all faction info you can get.
(the same in the Gaia application on BGA, which is pretty faithful to the boardgame in look and feel.)

the rulebook appendix on factions doesn’t include “info in paragraph form” either.

you miss something in the app which the boardgame and the boardgame rulebook don’t present at all.

but maybe something like this can be found in the files section on BGG.
you could download that and then switch between the app and the photo folder during the auction.
the Gaia app is superrobust and stable. can be put in background anytime and will stay intact.

i’m doing this quite often.
i take a screen recording of the replays, then switch to the photo folder to watch it there in my preferred speed, and being able to slide back and forth to see what i want in all glory and detail. or i stop the replay and scan the screen.
then i switch back to the app and make my turn. it’s fun and gives me all kinds of insights.
the replays in the game are running too fast for being able to check all what’s been going on.
the same as in most other game apps. (only exception is TTA with the great step-by-step option)

works like a charm. unlike many (most?) other game apps which break down when put in background.

this is all we can get from the boardgame rulebook.
imho the app presents the info even better.

Yes, I’m referring to the Appendix faction section as presented in the app (though I’m not sure why you are insisting this isn’t faction info in paragraph form). But I did not see a way to switch to that information while in the faction auction. It’s completely possible I missed it though, as is obvious by my ability to miss the Log…

must admit that i have not bothered with the app tutorial.
i always prefer to read the official boardgame rulebook and to ignore in-app tutorials. in most cases more confusing than anything else.

but i was surprised how well done the tutorial in the Gaia app actually is :+1:

only i couldn’t find any screen with faction info in paragraph form :man_shrugging:
can you show me by sending a screenshot?
so that i can take screenshots and switch between the app and the photo folder during next auction when it should be even better than the faction board presentation.

this is all i could find in the tutorial section on factions. less info presented than on the faction board.

Are we arguing the semantics on paragraphs here? That’s what I was talking about. I consider that information on the Nevlas to be presented in two paragraphs.

I’m not familiar with what’s in the tutorial, but you can access that screen by tapping the Show Faction Info at the top of the Faction Board while in game. Sure, there’s more information on the faction board if you are up on all the iconography, but I enjoy the clarity of the faction info.

obviously an understanding problem by me.
but only because i had already shown that screen with the same info in two paragraphs which you can bring on during the auction anytime :point_up_2:
so i thought you must have meant something else.

during the auction you can switch between these two screens anytime and for each faction.

faction info in two paragraphs.

you can switch to faction board by tapping on “View Board”

faction board. only here you will get info on tech levels, power tokens and resources.
and you had asked about info on tech levels at start of the game, which is
not shown in the screen with the paragraphed info text.
so i was sure you couldn’t mean that screen.

you can switch to info screen by tapping on “Back to Selector”.

so you can get all infos in the auction phase you might need about every faction.

We’ve probably spent way too much time discussing this, but here was my confusion:

In the auction, you have the option to view the board of the different factions, but from the faction board the option is Back to Selector instead of Faction Info. If you choose Back to Selector, it will show you the faction info for the faction you put up for auction, regardless of which board you were viewing. You do have the option to switch between the different factions at this point by tapping the planets on the right hand side, but I was not aware of this fact until I tried it in a auction vs the AI I just tested on.

Problem solved!

Holy Moly!
i had assumed this as too basic to even mention it :hugs: