Gaia Project players wanted

GG - I planned for federations badly, but learned from the mistake.

1 Like

Gg All! Very close finish!

1 Like

guess i must have missed something.
but i don’t understand why JMH’s Bescods were asked “to accept or reject passive power gain” when Kennfusion’s Itars upgrded their mine to a trading station at all?
(JMH accepted and traded away one VP for charging two power tokens)
but distance is 3 spaces, so why?

still learning the game so i’d like to know about all dirty details.
i’ve studied the faction abilities but couldn’t find a hint either.

Are you sure it is not the placing of the second building in that sector which causes the power charging?

hmm. you mean because of option “delay passive power charging” is activated?

so that message at the top of the screen came up when Kennfusion had upgraded his mine, but in fact referred to my settlement on the Gaia planet to the right?
and all the decisionmaking comes up when your turn begins?

yeah, that might be the hint i was searching for. thanks for the enlightenment!

a very useful but confusing little option that is :hushed:

btw i’m liking GP more and more. what a fun game!
the flow reminds me on Lost Ruins of Arnak, although quite a different piece of cake.

1 Like

I also am liking the game. I realized though I need to carve out some time to play a bunch of faster games against the AI with the different factions and get a feel for the ones I like.

1 Like

@halfvoid
I see that you have Gaia Project on Steam … have you played it enough to say how it is on that platform?

Definitely prefer it on Board Game Arena if I’m honest. Most of that developers games irk me either with clunky UI or making it really difficult to get a bird’s eye view of all the information I want to know on my turn in the games I’ve bought.

Haven’t played it again since my first play on Steam.

1 Like

i’m ready to check it out on BGA too.
@robthomasson? @halfvoid?

I’ll go on BGA if you need another.

1 Like

who wants to join Hardco and me for a test game on BGA?

Sorry, haven’t been following this thread, but got a ping from @JammaTal and I think I have successfully set up a BGA game with him and @Hardco

1 Like

Is there a reason that sometimes my friends list shows up and sometimes it doesn’t? Am I doing something wrong?

So despite after learning that you can permanently spend power in a previous game, I figured I would try the Itars because they don’t lose that power when using it in area II. But what I did not really understand fully was that they can permanently use it to get a tech tile, which I must have done and did not realize that is what I was doing.

While I still think I like this game, I hate this app and its complete lack of information.

Kenn, i haven’t seen you using that special power of the Itars.
you’ll need to build the planetary station for being able to use it.
the info is in the game.

you had burned 3x power for converting into 3+ ore for being able to build that academy.
thanks to your normal (great!) faction ability these 3 power stones weren’t discarded from the game but went into your Gaia area, and will return to your power area I in the next round.

btw the two power stones which have been converted into satellites for founding the federation are lost. this usage of power stones is not covered by the Itars’ ability.

btw i was curious to see the BGA implementation in action and must say - to my own surprise - that i appreciate the app better now :thinking:
have learned to find all needed infos in the app by now and the BGA navigation and presentation feels somewhat underwhelming.

one thing is for sure though: not so easy to find into both implementations.
i needed 3 games to get to grips with the basics.

1 Like

I will have to look for that log when I go back into the app, I did not even know that was there.

there is even more. a whole collection of alternate screens in the log department.
and you can see all changes in all those screens (map, player boards, research board) when using the time slider on the right side.

not so bad. nothing like this on BGA.

but i totally agree that it should have been documented much much better :roll_eyes:
as is it’s more like an adventure safari to find all (kind of hidden) features and information screens :man_facepalming:

1 Like

congrats to JMH on a great win.
Gaia really is a fun game. i loved to play our 4P.

we once had a Terra Mystica challenge thread going on successfully for a long time.
wouldn’t it be nice to do the same for Gaia Project?

1 Like

I’m interested :grinning:

i’ve just opened the Gaia Project Supernova :high_brightness: Trophy Challenge

the first 4 players who join will play in the first title match!